Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Our Big Floppy Baby

No, I am not talking about Lee (although the description does fit). This big floppy baby has HUGE feet, lots of hair, the biggest puppy dog eyes (literally), long floppy ears and a tail that won't stop wagging.
His name is Cooper.
We love him.
I am having problems uploading photos but they are on my facebook page.
He is eight weeks old, a Basset Hound and he hasn't quite figured out his weird shaped body yet. He is so shy and cuddly. He loves Zeke (our Yorkie) is almost as big as Zeke and weighs more than him already. Did I mention that we love him? He is sooo floppy and it is so cute to watch Cooper try and get used to walking on the hardwood floors and trip on his long floppy ears. I have never seen a more awkward little puppy.
Cooper is Otto's dog. Otto has always wanted a Basset Hound ever since I have known him. I didn't really understand why he loved the breed so much until I met Cooper yesterday. These dogs are not like any other type of dog that I have ever seen. Instead of getting excited when people come near him, he shies away. He is REALLY cuddly and he gets lonely really easily. (That's one of the reasons that he will fit in perfectly with our family. . . there is ALWAYS someone around!) I wasn't expecting to get a basset hound until Father's Day, but when a friend of mine said that she had two puppies for sale and the price was right, I just had to get him!
Anne and Caroline were at home because they were too itchy to go to school and so I took them and the little boys and we went and got Cooper. Afterwards we took him to Otto's work to surprise him with the puppy.
Otto sure was surprised! He was shocked because he had NO Clue (neither did I really) and it WAS the kind of dog that he had always wanted.
So, all in all, we are so excited about this latest (and last) addition to our family. We all love our big floppy baby and we are so excited that he is part of our family.

1 comments:

Ashley Dawn said...

awwww, he's super cute. I LOVE Basset Hounds. They are beautiful dogs. I love the name too....Congrats on your latest addition...