Monday, February 23, 2009

The Prophet

In the church that I belong to the leader of our church is called the Prophet. I had been talking to Dustin about the prophet recently and testing him to see if he knew what the Prophet's name was. . . well. . . take a peek into our little conversation and see if you think he understands who the prophet is.
Me: Dustin, what is the prophet's name?
Dustin: I don't know mom. . . I want a snack.
Me: Dustin, it's Thomas S. Monson
Dustin (eyes all lit up): Thomas??? (He is thinking about Thomas the Tank Engine which is his favorite toy)
Me: Yes, its Thomas S. Monson
Dustin (laughing): No mom! It's not Thomas is monster! It's Thomas and His Friends (part of the Thomas the tank engine theme song)
Me: Honey, it really is Thomas Monson
Dustin: Mom. . . Thomas is a train not a monster!

I give up! Maybe in a couple of weeks we will revisit this topic! I mean what are the chances that the prophet has the same name as Dustin's favorite toy???

1 comments:

Ashley Dawn said...

hahaha, boys really have a one track mind from the beginning. It just shifts as they grow I suppose... It's sure hard to break their focus.