Monday, February 2, 2009

At least we are sharing around here!

So I often compain to my kids that they aren't sharing. They fight over just about everything and it drives me wild!!! However, I can't say that I am especially thrilled that they have all decided to share "Fifth's Disease" with each other. This disease typically only affects children ages 5 - 15, but somehow my two boys have had it too.
Thank goodness its no big deal! A little cold followed by a huge rash is something that I can deal with. In fact, if the girls weren't so itchy I would have sent them to school because once you have the rash you are not contageous any more. When Abby got this right after Christmas I went and read a bunch about it and I have never laughed at a description of a symptom before, but I couldn't help myself this time! One of the symptoms of the rash is that the "child looks as though they have been slapped in the face". Now, I haven't personally slapped my kids in the face, so I can't be sure, but I believe that it means that the rash starts on their cheeks because they turn really red. But, seriously. . . . how hilarious right????
At least it isn't something worse that they are sharing. . . like . . . . ummm. . .. malaria or something, so I guess I can't complain too much!

3 comments:

Ashley Dawn said...

That is horrible, but hilarious. Gotta love the random diseases you had no idea existed. Hope that Malaria stays clear away... Here's to a speedy recovery...

The Mom said...

Ahh - I wonder if you'd had it at your house :)

How's your new addition??? Can't wait to see pics!

About the 14 kids under age 7 - there were octuplets born in Ca this week to a 33 year old mom who is single and already has 6 kids at home - a 7,6, 5, 3 year old and 2 year old twins. All her kids were conceived through invitro fertilization. So - if you thought YOUR kids were close together ;) LOL

Lahni said...

Resident Fifth's Disease Expert here...did you know that it is also called Slapped Cheek Syndrome? There you go, another little thing you just didn't care about...