Thursday, October 11, 2007

Beginner

This is my first time writing on this blog. I decided that I had better start keeping some sort of journal so that my kids will know about what their life was like when they were young. I figure that I spend so much time on the computer that this would be a great way to keep a record. My aunt has a blog and she is really good at posting on it and she is an excellent writer. I was not blessed with that talent. . . but I do have others, so I guess that it's all fair. It actually would be easier if I could just sing my life, or bake it into a pie, but even though I do use food and music to express my feelings, for some reason they are not the most common forms of communication.
As I sit here listening to my 6 year old practise the piano, I can't help but feel blessed to be able to have the children that I do have. My Abby is playing with her brother and sisters who totally adore her. My Anne is practising the piano and loving it!! My Caroline is watching cartoons with her big sister and secretly wishing that she could be a princess like the one on t.v. and my little Dustin is just lying there watching t.v. This is an unusual occurance as he is actually extremely active and NEVER sits still. I guess that the fact that he has a really high fever is what is causing him to be so docile.
My husband is at work, working hard so that we can enjoy this beautiful home that we just bought, and here I am. . . writing on the computer about my life. I guess that all in all, my life is good. . . now I just need to go and enjoy it!!

3 comments:

The Mom said...

Sooo fun that you are doing a blog Megs!!! Love it! And - you ARE a good writer :) Hope Dustin feels better soon!!!

Michelle said...

Oh yay! You have a blog! I'll be reading...

Jamie said...

What!? Baking and singing aren't common forms of communication!? Anytime you feel like "communicating" through baking with me, go right ahead!