Monday, October 22, 2007

The new me!!

On Saturday, I went and chopped off all of my hair and dyed it a totally different color! Yep, I am not even lying!!! I was feeling like a FRUMPY old pregnant woman and I was acting like a FRUMPY old pregnant woman and so I called up my very talented cousin (who I ALWAYS get to do my hair) and she fit me in on Saturday. As the hair came a tumbling down, my self-esteem shot up. Now I feel like the good old Megan that I used to be. I know that my siblings think that I am ancient, but I am only 28, and now I only feel 28.
After getting my hair done, I went shopping at IKEA to continue to get things to organize my house. Several hundred dollars later I had things to organize closets, bedrooms, kitchen cabinets, the laundry room, a new bed for Caroline, and the cool hanging chairs for my big girls. So I have spent today cleaning and organizing the house. It is amazing how rewarding it is to be able to find a spot to put everything and not just have things laying around the house!!! I can't wait until I can get everything I want to get for the house and get this thing set up the way that I want it. I never had the chance to do that in the old house, so I never really made it a home. THAT WILL NOT BE THE CASE WITH THIS HOUSE!!!! I am going to hang pictures and find knick knacks if it kills me!!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

YOU CUT OFF YOUR HAIR?
i hope it's not the same colour as mine again, it's pretty embaressing how we ALWAYS do that. but i really want to see it, maybe post some sweet pics
i'm coming home in like 2 weekends i think so i'll come see your sweet sweet house, love you
-Jenna

The Mom said...

I wanna see pics too!!! Post on up Megs!!!

Cool about your house - I love those hanging chairs - they are sooo cute!!! Ikea has the cutest stuff!

Kay Bennion said...

Hi, Sweetie! How short is short, and what color is that hair now? How about posting some photos on facebook or on your blog like Aunt Christie dose??? We're missing you all. Maybe you could send some of the photos Alex took of your little knight and his ladies too.

Jamie said...

Amazing what a haircut and some organizing can do isn't it?