Sunday, October 28, 2007

The Farm

This weekend we had a ward temple trip, and so we decided to spend the weekend at the family farm. I always love taking my kids there because they always have so much fun. We went to the temple on Friday night and had fun seeing Otto's brother Jason, his wife Lisa, and their 6 boys. Our kids always love playing with those boys.
On Saturday, we spent the day playing at the farm, petting the horses, playing with the baby kittens and going to the park with the longest slide that I have ever seen. We had a lot of fun and it was nice to spend the day there. At about 4 we went back to Otto's brother's house and Otto's mom and her husband came over and we had a nice family dinner of Costco Pizza. It was fun, and it was great to see Jason and Lisa again. One of the nice things about going there is that our kids each have a cousin to play with. I always feel bad, though, because their oldest son is 11 and he is way older than my kids, so when we go over there, he gets bored because he has no one to play with. Abby LOVES their second son Grant. In fact, when we called everyone up for dessert on Friday night, Abby and Grant were holding hands and arranging places to sit together. . . or rather Abby was organizing that. It was pretty hilarious and I had to make sure that Abby knew that she wasn't allowed to marry her cousin. . . as cool as he may be! There is Ammon who is really close to Anne's age and they play great together. This kid is a riot because he really likes to joke around and tease. That is right up my alley!! Then there is Tyler. We call him and Dustin. . . Double Trouble. Dustin just follows Tyler around and the two of them just get into constant trouble. . . they are going to have so much fun together as they get older. Jason and Lisa then capped off their children with a set of twins! Yep. . . she went from 4 to 6 boys . . . if there is anyone who can do it, she can. Lisa is amazing!
Today we decided that since we were close to it we would take the kids to the Crowsnest Pass and go and visit Otto's Grandmother Pierzchala. We don't often take the time to go and visit her and I was really glad that we did that this time. I don't know how many more times we will be able to see her before she dies. We took a little trip down nostalgia lane for Otto. . . I tried to keep the kids interested, but it only worked for so long! Then we went to Otto's favorite childhood restaurant in the Pass. . . Chris'. Otto loves the food there, and I think that it is mostly because it reminds him of his childhood because the food there is really not that great. On our way out, I told the kids to use the bathroom because we weren't stopping until we got to Calgary. They assured me that they found the bathrooms and that they could go by themselves. Well, I went into the bathrooms a couple of minutes later and the girls were nowhere to be found in the ladies washroom, but I could hear their voices. . . so I went towards the men's bathroom. . . which was labled 'Gents' I figured that the girlies had thought that it said girls so I called for them. As luck would have it, they were in there. I then proceeded to tell them that they were in the boy's bathroom and I have never seen them run so fast. After picking myself off of the floor from laughing so hard I helped them find the girls' bathroom. It was sure fun teasing them about that all the way home. I knew that I had to write it down so that I wouldn't forget it. . . . ahhhh kids. . . without them my life would be soooo boring!

2 comments:

Kay Bennion said...

Tell your girls that their G-ma B did the same thing one day, and just a few years ago too. I was in a big rush and accomplished my mission before seeing the distinctly male fixtures. Fortunately I got out with just meeting a guy on the way in. And one time recently I wentinto the Ladies and met a red-faced gentleman hurrying out! So, mistakes get made all the time!

The Mom said...

hee hee on the bathroom :) Glad you had so much fun at the farm!!