Wednesday, October 17, 2007

The house

Well, today was an exciting day for us because we FINALLY got our driveway poured. The bad news is that I won't be able to drive on it for a month, but at least the kids will stop tripping on the rebar. That has been a huge hassle!! Well, that and the fact that Dustin thought that the sand on the driveway was his own personal sandbox. . . to make matters worse, we just happen to be keeping his sand toys in the garage, so he has gotten out his shovel on several occasions and happily played in the dirt on several occasions. . . . and you know what? I let him!! It was the only way I could carry in all of the groceries without worrying about him running onto the street!!!!! What a good mom am I hey??
Some other really exciting news for me is that starting yesterday evening, I have really been able to feel this baby move. Little Lee seems to be as active as his big brother. I am so grateful for this because I was starting to wonder what was going on in there. Even though I can feel him moving all around, I am still completely nervous because I had thought that I could feel Robin move too, even when they had induced labour to get her out, I still had that little bit of hope that they had been wrong, but unfortunately, they weren't.
Also today, Caroline and I made some spiders and ghosts to decorate our house with for Halloween. I don't generally like to decorate my house with crafts, but it seems as though I make an exception when it comes to holidays. It was really fun playing with all of the glue!! The only problem was that Caroline kept on getting mad at me because I couldn't make the ghosts look like girls!! Do you know how hard it is to make a girl ghost????
Well, tonight I think that I am going to start looking at blinds. I mean, we really need them (I am sure that all of the people driving by behind our house enjoy the view when I am changing!!) and we can afford them, so I might as well get them! Oh and speaking about getting things for the house, I have been thinking that maybe I should have just ordered me up one of those self-cleaning houses. . . . it seems as though I still have to clean this house because it doesn't clean itself. . . . I knew this house was defective!!!

3 comments:

Kay Bennion said...

Maybe by the time we FINALLY get to see the new house, all the little details will be finished! Hope the new freezer is working well and beginning to get filled up too!

Anonymous said...

ok i lied so it will let me now!

The Mom said...

Yayyy on the driveway :)

p.s. I tagged you for a Halloween Meme - check out my blog for details :)

Hugs!