Saturday, October 13, 2007

Saturday Chores

I remember growing up and claiming that I would NEVER make MY kids do Saturday chores!!! They were a waste of time and I HATED doing them. Well now I am older (and wiser of course) and after a morning of fighting with my kids to bring down their laundry, clean up their rooms and the nursary and get ready for ballet, I am waiting for the day when my kids tell me that when they grow up THEIR kids will NEVER have Saturday chores!! So, there you go mom. . . you were right all along! The only problem is that now I have MORE Saturday chores than I did when I was a kid. . . is that really fair?
I guess that the good part about being the mom is that afterwards I got to go to Costco and buy a new freezer! ( Thanks Grandma for the housewarming gift!!) While I was there, I also got to buy a bunch of piano and singing books for really cheap!!!!! I love to sing and play the piano and so I was sooooo excited to get these books. I even got a Disney one to use with my kids. While I was at Costco, I got to see my brother Jason and his wife Suzanne and the new addition to their family (no it is not a baby). The kids loved it and their new addition is sooooo cute!! Congratulations you guys!! We are so excited for you!!
Now that we are home, it is back to unpacking, laundry and moving in the new freezer. That sucker is 25 cubic feet. . . I can't wait to fill it!!!! I kinda wish that things were more exciting around here, but they aren't at the moment. Wait. . . on Monday I go for my 18 week ultrasound with this baby. I am pretty excited about that, but it really drives home the fact that I have been pregnant for almost an entire year. . . .how depressing. Oh well, as long as everything looks good at the ultrasound I will be happy and not complain about how long I have been pregnant. . . too much.

2 comments:

The Mom said...

Well - in the long run - what's a year - right ;) Hope everything goes well with your US :) Let us know! We'll be thinking of you... Sooo - what did Suzanne and Jay get??? A puppy? A kitten??? enquiring minds want to know :)

Have fun with your freezer :) And those Saturday chores (they never end - you know - and - life's not fair - in case you hadn't noticed yet LOLOL

Love ya!
Christie Aunt :)

Jamie said...

So I totally had kids so that I had someone to do my chores for me - ha ha! :) I am counting down the days until they are old enough to do housework.