Friday, October 12, 2007

A Miracle

Today is Friday. That means that I did Friday Forum at the Institute of Religion. Friday Forum is where University students pay to come and have a lunch (made by me) and listen to a guest speaker. It seems that every Friday something goes very wrong at my house while I am cooking the meal, but when the time comes for me to load everything into the car, it all seems to be cooked and ready to go.
I am constantly amazed at how everything always seems to come together and taste so good every Friday. To me, this is a confirmation that this is what the Lord wants me to do. I truly believe that my family is blessed because I make this food for these 60 University students every week. I always get told that I am crazy for doing this when I am not getting paid to do it, but I really love being able to help people out. I am not the world's best cleaner, and I don't really have the time to babysit other people's kids, but if I can help people out by making them food, I feel as though I have been successful.
My Great-Grandma Bennion used to complain because it said in my Great-Grandpa's patriarchial blessing that no one would ever leave his house feeling hungry. She thought it should have been put into her blessing since she was the one doing all of the work. For some reason, I feel as though that mantel has been passed onto me. People never leave my house feeling hungry, and if I know that someone is needing a bit of extra attention I always love to bring them a little something to eat. It may not be the best thing for their waistline, but if I ever show up at someone's doorstep with some food, I am never turned away. . . . hmmmm. . . I guess that food can't be all that bad right?

1 comments:

The Mom said...

Gosh - I wish you lived closer ;) We'd be on your doorstep all the time :) I'm not a good cleaner, I don't watch other people's kids - I don't do anything LOLOL I must need to think of some way to show service :)

You are a fabulous cook - I'd take your treats any day :)

Hope you had fun cooking today!!!