Tuesday, October 30, 2007

A Fun Filled Day

Yesterday I got to go on a field trip with Abby. Alot of things went wrong in the morning, but they eventually got themselves worked out and we got to go to the science center. I had alot of fun with Abby and she really seemed to like having me there. I have never been able to volunteer at the schools very often because I have always had lots of young children at home, and my girls seem to have a hard time with that. So this year, I decided that I would make sure that I at least went on the field trips with them. I also happen to be the parent classroom volunteer coordinator for Anne's class, so I get to work a bit more with Anne's teacher. I realized that my kids were getting older and one day they won't want me to be as involved in their lives, so I had better do more now. I am so glad that I went with Abby because we did have a lot of fun, and it was so much fun to spend the day with just her. . . well, and 20 other kids that are in her class.
For Family Home Evening last night we carved all 6 of our pumpkins. . . . or rather, I carved them and the kids and Otto emptied them out and chose what they wanted on them. Abby chose a silhouetted cat, Anne chose the words "Trick or Treat" (in the hardest font I have ever carved but it looks awesome!!!), Caroline wanted a moon and stars, Dustin wanted 'Thomas the Tank Engine (I actually pulled it off and it looks soooo cool), I used a drill to make some cute stars and Otto has like a frankenstein looking pumpkin. . . I think he was jealous that I used his drill and so he had to use it too! It was alot of work, but we had fun and the pumpkins look great! I can't wait to see them on Halloween!!
Yesterday was a fun filled day! That's good because today seems to be. . . well . . . Tuesday. . . and I HATE Tuesdays because nothing ever goes right, and today is no exception!! Oh well, only 10 more hours until I get to go to sleep and then it will be HALLOWEEN!!!!

2 comments:

The Mom said...

Yes yes, enjoy being with them while you can, cause it's so true - eventually they won't want you around ;) or THEY won't want to be around (ungrateful little goobers ;) So glad you had fun, and your pumpkins sound amazing - you'll have to post or email me a picture!! I hope you have a wonderful halloween!

Love ya!
CAunt :)

Anonymous said...

i want to see some sweet sweet pictures of these pumpkins aswell
perhaps post them on facebook maybe?
-Jen Jen