Monday, October 15, 2007

Bittersweet Day


Today has been a bittersweet day for me. Today is the Worldwide Remembrance Day for Stillborn Babies. It is also the 5 month anniversary of the day that I had my angel baby, Robin Jean Comin. Having our little stillborn baby has changed my family's life. I have learned alot of things about myself after having her. I have learned that I truly do have a testimony of the gospel and I am no longer scared of death. I have learned that I truly do love children, especially babies, and that I find so much joy in being around them. A lot of women who have had stillborn babies cannot be around pregnant women and infants. I find that whenever I see a pregnant woman, that I am extremely excited for her and I am very nervous for the people that I love as they get close to their due dates because I have come to realize what a miracle giving birth is.

Today I went for my ultrasound and we found out that we are having a boy!! YAY!! We are so excited that Dustin will have a little brother, and it was VERY obvious in the ultrasound that this was a boy baby. We got a CD with pictures on it so that we can look at our little baby. When Otto picked up the girls from the bus stop, he told them the exciting news. When they got home, I thought that they would be acting soooo excited, but Abby didn't look to enthused. When I asked her why she wasn't excited, she burst into tears and said that she missed Robin. It broke my heart because I know exactly how she is feeling. I miss Robin too. Especially today because we got to see our new baby. It is so exciting, but it also drives home the fact that we are missing a baby that we should have had in August.

Tonight for Family Home Evening, we are going to have a cheese fondue and eat it by candlelight at 7 pm to commemorate the worldwide day of rememberance of stillborn babies. We are going to talk about our dear little Robin, and we plan on helping the kids get excited about our new baby. We have decided to name him Lee Douglas James Comin. We are so excited to have him join our family, but we are all nervous because we really don't want anything to go wrong.

Oh yes, and for those of you who are in suspense, Jason got a new puppy and named it Maximus something something something (you will have to ask him!!!) but I call him MAX. He is so tiny that he fits in one hand. He is 10 weeks old and he is a yorkie, chiuaua mix (please overlook the spelling of that last breed, I have never been able to spell it properly).

3 comments:

The Mom said...

Remembering Robin today, and thinking of you all.

And - congratulations - a boy - what fun, what joy!!! Hee hee - you're getting my family - I wanted 4 girls and 2 boys, and that's what you're having! I'll keep my 3 and 3 though - afterall - that's what makes us the Brady bunch :)

Can't wait to see your newest addition when he makes his arrival, and very cool about your US pictures!

We're thinking of you! Love you!

Kay Bennion said...

Hopefully I've done all the stuff right and can now comment! We're so happy that you are34 getting another boy to grow up with Dustin. You life will never be dull!

Jamie said...

Megan, you continue to amaze and impress me with your mature, strong attitude towards this trial you have been given. I'm impressed by the way you deal with it with your children - I love that you all talk about little Robin and that you can be open and honest with your kids. Kudos! As for your new little boy - congrats and I like your name. I really wanted to name Jax "Merrill" (my mom's maiden name) but Jason vetoed that, so it's his middle name. Lee is super cute!