Thursday, November 8, 2007

Anne

Today has been a nice day for me. It didn't start out that way because at about 6 am, Anne came into my room complaining of a headache and feeling dizzy. Normally I just tell my kids to go back to sleep, but Anne has been diagnosed with children's migrains, so whenever she complains of a headache I listen. I will also let you in on another little family secret. . . .whenever my kids are sick, you can see it in their eyes, so it is really obvious when they are faking it. Poor Anne's eyes were terrible this morning, so I knew that she really was feeling bad. So, I gave the kid some tylenol and took her into bed with me. . . Otto had already left for work, so there was room for her to sleep.
I let her sleep in and I took Abby to school late. When she woke up, she didn't really want to eat, but I made her eat some fruit and drink lots of water. I then took Abby to school and Caroline caught the bus to her school, as well. I asked Anne if she was feeling well enough to go shopping (I had to get the groceries for Friday Forum), and like the true girl that she is, she said that she thought that she could manage a bit of shopping. . . it was Costco after all. After going shopping, we came home and I put Dustin to bed and Anne and I watched "Meet the Robinsons".
Even though Anne wasn't feeling well, I enjoyed spending the day with her. Last year Anne had morning kindergarten and Caroline had afternoon preschool and Dustin would nap in the afternoons. This meant that I got to spend alot of time with just Anne, and I really enjoyed getting to know my little girl better. This afternoon felt a little bit nostalgic to me because I got to spend some one on one time with my little princess. It's too bad that it took a migraine for me to be able to do it, but I am glad that we got to hang out for the afternoon.

1 comments:

The Mom said...

Hope Anne is feeling better soon!

How did the girls like their new room? Hope it was a hit!!!