Friday, November 2, 2007

HELP!!! I'm pregnant and I still can't sleep!!!!!

I figured that since I can't sleep, and since I wanted to use this blog thing as a journal for my kids, I figured that I might take a few minutes and jot a word or two down! It is almost 3 am and so I cannot be responsible for anything that I write down right now.
Today, I let the kiddies stay home from school, well, except for Caroline. . . she still got to go! This morning, Santa began working his credit card magic online to get ready for the holidays, and so I basically let Abby run the show this morning. I know it sounds terrible, but hey, I am almost done my Christmas shopping and I am really excited about that!!! Now if only I could figure out how to harness the energy of my children I would be set. (I think that all of the candy from last night might have something to do with it!!)
Abby, Anne, Dustin and I then set out in the afternoon to the great and glorious land of Costco. We went there to get all of the food for Friday Forum. And we ended up with about $150 for ourselves!! I know that Christmas is my weakness, but those Christmas garlands, and decorations are soooo cute!! They even had these beautiful angels, which has become my new thing since I was blessed with my own little angel this year!!
After dinner, we did homework, cleaning, and made monster brains for dinner. It looked terrible, but it tasted great!! And hey, my kids ate a whole meal of spaghetti squash without two many complaints so I am happy about that!! The trouble is that Anne is my most picky eater and she wants to be a ballerina. I really struggle with that because there is such a pressure for ballerinas to be thin as they grow older, and I really want her to learn how to stay lean and still eat balanced meals! It does give me an edge at dinnertime though. Whenever I see that she isn't eating properly, I just tell her that I will not let her be a ballerina until she eats a balanced meal. . . that doesn't mean that she has to eat all of it, just some of all of the different parts of it (if that makes sense). I don't know how much longer that arguement will hold up, but I plan on milking it until it stops working! None of my other kids have that problem. In fact, if I call a meal something like monster brains, Caroline will go for thirds!!! (Maybe that is why my brother constantly calls her monster!!!)
Dinnertime eventually ended and so it was bathtime. The girls all wanted to have a "hot tub" in my jetted tub. . . so I let them. . . what can I say. . . it even has a sprayer to wash their hair with!!! So, I lit some candles and filled the tub with warm water and turned down the lights and then turned on the bubbles. And do you know what those monkeys did???? They asked why I didn't give them music too!!!! I actually would have, but our speaker in our ensuite isn't hooked up yet, so I couldn't! Dustin would have none of that. He doesn't care for the jets, so he had a bath all by his lonesome and played with dora toys. I guess that some things just don't beat out Dora!!
When I was getting the kids ready for bed, Dustin and I found these really cute costumes that my Aunt Christie handed down to us. I put on the purple dinosaur costume and he ran around scaring his sisters!!! Then he made me change him into the tigger one and the girls loved it!! The only problem was that he wouldn't let me take it off of him when it was time to go to bed, so instead of fighting with him about it, he is currently sleeping in a tigger costume and pj's. He will definately NOT be cold tonight.
Well, now it is past 3 am and I do have Friday Forum tomorrow, so I had better get to bed so that I don't yell at someone tomorrow. Wish me luck!!

0 comments: