Sunday, November 4, 2007

Happy Birthday Sweetie!!!

Today is the 31st anniversary of the birth of my WONDERFUL husband. In other words today is Otto's 31st birthday. Yesterday we had a housewarming/birthday party for him. We had planned on spending the day cleaning and organizing everything, which we did, however we took our sweet time getting everything done. So when our friends came over, I continued to make appetizers while visiting with them. It ended up going over pretty good, and I didn't get any complaints about the food, so I guess that that's a plus!!
Because today is Otto's birthday, I have been thinking alot about him. I know that I can say just about anything I want to about it on here because he never reads it!! I was thinking about how his life was growing up. It was so different from mine. His background is totally different, and I have been thinking about that because I have realized that I am so grateful that Otto grew up the way that he did because it gives him a different perspective on things. There are things that we make sure we do because Otto did it when he was young like teach the kids how to ice skate, put bubble lights on our tree, (you will have to come to my house at Christmas time to see this. . . it's pretty cool!!), and visit the Crowsnest Pass every year so we can eat at a diner called Chris'. I am glad that we have these traditions and that we do these things because it lets the kids see a bit of how their father grew up. His upbringing is very different from theirs so I love it when he can tell them some of his memories of his childhood.
Today I am pretty much just grateful for my hubby. We got married when I was 19 and he was 21 and I know that it made my parents nervous. However, these past 9 years have been great. We have been blessed with 5 beautiful babies with number 6 on the way, and we have made it through some tough times. We have also had some wonderful times, including right now. I am so glad that I was able to find someone who could love me as much as Otto does and someone who could be such a wonderful dad to our children. I sure do love my big guy!!

3 comments:

Jamie said...

Good food, good company, good times. That's a sweet post about your husband - you should make him read it. (My husband doesn't read my blog either!)

The Mom said...

Happy Happy Birthday Otto!!! Hope you have a wonderful day!!

My husband doesn't read my blog either - he says he's living it - why does he need to read about it ;)

Love ya!

Lahni said...

Aww, what a nice tribute! John doesn't read my blog either. The only thing he reads on the internet is the future shop website!