Sunday, November 25, 2007

My Sister


On Thursday Amanda and Dayln arranged for us to all go out to dinner because they were coming into town on their way to Cardston. We went out for chinese food at our family's favorite restaurant. . . Leo Fu's. At the end of the dinner Amanda and Dayln had arranged for us to all open some special fortune cookies that they had prepared for us. The waitress had forgotten, so she had brought us out some regular fortune cookies, and then later she brought us out the special ones that announced that Amanda and Dayln are expecting and they are due in July. Jenna was up in Edmonton, making Thanksgiving dinner for her friends (that's my girl!!) so Amanda had told her the night before. We are all so excited for Amanda and Dayln.
Even though I have known since Thursday, I didn't want to post it on my blog until I was sure that Amanda and Dayln had had the chance to tell his family. I thought that it was only fair. When we were driving home from the dinner, I told Otto that I had a feeling that Amanda didn't think that I was excited for her. I am very excited for her. I have just been going through this whole thing with Robin. . . and I am a little envious of Amanda. When Otto and I got pregnant with Abby, my mom was at a craftshow. We told my dad and he said that he was glad for us. We then called my mom and she said, "Oh. . . put your father on the phone." That was a bit of a downer, but we were still excited. When Amanda announced that they were having a baby, my mom was excited and jumped up and gave Amanda a hug and shed a tear or two. My dad also cried and told Amanda how excited they were and then cried again. I just kind of wished that they had had a similar reaction when we had told them about Abby, and then Anne. With Caroline, my mom was excited and she started squeeling and clapping really fast. . . then she remembered that they were going on a cruise so I got the admonition that I was to have the baby before the cruise (which I did, she left 2 days after Caroline was born). When we announced that we were pregnant with Dustin they acted pleased. But when we found out he was a boy, I thought that my mom was going to pee herself because she was so excited. My parents kind of found out in a round about way that we were pregnant with Robin, so I can't really blame them for not being excited. I had told my Grandma Bennion first, on our family cruise, and she leaned over to apologize for not acting really excited to me at dinner, and good old keen ears Christie heard and said, "What?? You're pregnant? And so my mom said, "What. . . you ARE pregnant?" That was the last I heard about that. With this baby, I was at the cabin and I told my mom very first, and she cried because she was so excited for me. We then talked about whether or not I thought I could do Camp Croppin' for her this year (her major scrapbooking convention that her company holds every year), and we both figured that with a bit of planning, I should have no problems doing it.
Not all of my parents reactions were bad, I was just envious about the first one because ours wasn't that big of a deal. . . that combined with the fact that I am sad about Robin, and the fact that I am pregnant and I am a very grumpy pregnant woman, I am quite sure that Amanda thought that I wasn't happy for her. I am. I am excited that at least Lee will have a cousin on my side of the family to play with so that all of my kids won't be completely bored whenever we have a family get together. I am excited to watch Amanda learn about being pregnant and watch her be a mother. I am excited to hear about all of the wonderful things that are going on in her pregnancy and after their baby is born I am excited to give her tips. I really am excited to have a neice or nefew on this side of the family. My sisters all compete with each other to see who is the best auntie. . . but they haven't seen anything yet!! Just ask my other nefews!!

4 comments:

The Mom said...

Well - I'm sure you learned about being an aunt from the BEST ;) LOLOL It will be fun for you guys to have babies close together- I'm excited for you! I've always been a bit bummed because my kids don't have many cousins on our side to hang out with - since we have some interesting family gaps :) At least your kids have counter parts on Otto's side - mine don't even have that (well - the younger ones do - just not the older ones ;)

Your mom WAS excited for you - she was just nervous, and I'm sure it made her feel OLD to know she was going to be a GRANDMA ;) LOLOL

Manda was glad I hadn't read your blog yet - so she got to break the news to me :)

Michelle said...

Lol, Megan do your parents read this??

Funny, Carolyn and I were just spectulating the other day on when Amanda and Dayln would have a baby. We both agreed they'd announce it any day now. Guess we were right!

Anonymous said...

Hahaha -- guess you were right Michelle!! SURPRISE!! hehe! Megan, you are so cute to have posted this so soon, I thought we were going to wait a bit before telling anyone else, but I guess once we let the secret out.... it spreads really quick!! I love you for being so excited for me! Thanks!

Anonymous said...

I Love You....

-Jenna