Wednesday, November 7, 2007

SURPRISE!!!

I am so excited because when the big girls come home from school today, thier room will look different!! I have just finished buying everything that needs to go into their room, and so I can't wait to see their faces when they take a look at how different it looks!!
Abby and Anne have a very large bedroom and I wanted to make it cool and different for them. The theme of their bedroom is princess/midevil times. For Halloween I had my cousin Alex take pictures of them in their princess costumes with Dustin being a knight in shining armor. I have gotten those pictures blown up on poster board and I am hanging them around the room. I then bought these cute princess bedding sets at Ikea to put on their bed. Because their room is so large, they have room for a sitting area in it. I have bought the cool hanging chairs from Ikea to hang in the corner (one for each of them) and I got a whole bunch of mirrors to go on the wall behind it. I then have a circular rug that goes in that corner, so they have this really cool little sitting area in their room. Another bonus of their bedroom is that they have a tv mounted on the wall, so they can also use that corner to watch tv. I am getting so excited just thinking about it. I can't wait until they get home. . . only 3 1/2 more hours!!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

I would have loved a princess room when I was that age.

The Mom said...

Ohhh - that sounds so fun! And - their own TV - you guys are the nicest parents ever :)

Lahni said...

Oh, I am so jealous that you have little girls rooms to decorate. Oh well, I guess I can probably do some really cool stuff with the boys rooms in the new house!