Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Adios Amigos

Spanish you ask? Why yes, indeed. It has been a language that I have been learning for 2 reasons. The first reason is because my husband speaks it all the time and he is teaching my children the language. They go to a Spanish school and they say TONS of things in Spanish when they get home. I seem to be the butt of all of their jokes because even though I can speak 2 languages, the second language is NOT Spanish! They think that it is HILARIOUS that I can't speak Spanish, but I just start talking to them in French and they stop laughing because they have no idea as to what I am saying. The second reason I have been learning Spanish is because for our ten year anniversary we have been planning on going to Chile. I never got a honeymoon and so I have been looking forward to this trip for 10 years.
Well, last night Otto and I sat down to talk about the future. We have been worried about the world economic crisis and we have lost some money in our investments that we currently have. Because of this we came to the consensus that maybe it would be more wise to not go to Chile for another couple of years and we will just take that money that we would have used and save it in case we need it.
Yes, we have decided to do the responsible thing. What a bummer hey? I mean who wouldn't rather go to Chile? I know I would! However, I guess that that's what happens when you become the parents of 5 beautiful children who are completely dependant on you. . . . and who knows. . . for our 20th anniversary I will only be 39 so I may finally be able to see my dream come true!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

That's too bad, but I'm glad you're being responsible.

And just think how much better your spanish will be with all that extra time to practice!

Jamie said...

Wow - good for you! For learning Spanish and for being responsible. I'm impressed.