Thursday, October 23, 2008

Time Management

Okay, remember how a couple of posts ago I posted about how I was getting bored? Well I am definitely not bored any more. Now my schedule has finally picked up and I have tons to do! What changed???? Well, I am now the parent coordinator for both Abby and Anne's classrooms. What is a parent coordinator? Well that is the person who is in charge of getting volunteers to come help the teacher in her classroom when the teacher needs help doing things like cutting out things, decorating, hanging things, etc. I volunteered to be the coordinator because this is a way for me to help out the teachers without having to be at the school all of the time. I am glad that I did it, but boy am I busy right now!! Abby's teacher is planning on having a great big Halloween party in her classroom and I am going to get to help her. I just need to find someone to watch my boys while I am there. . . . I think that this will be the hardest part!! Oh well, we will see what happens. It will all work out, I'm sure!
I love to be busy. I think that I get it from my mother and my grandmother. Those two are the two busiest people I know and they are both busy doing VERY different things. My mother is constantly busy with her businesses and my grandmother is busy helping out others. I seem to be a mix of the two. People constantly ask me how I do it and the answer is simple. 1- I put everything into a schedule according to when it needs to be done and then I work on it. This is something that I do all of the time because it is the same principle that works in cooking. You plan everything out so that all of your dishes end at the same time and you can sit down and eat.
2 - I have a wonderful husband who helps me with the family aspect in the evenings and on the weekends. We have Family Fun Night one evening during the weekend where we all go do something fun as a family as well as Family Home Evening on Monday nights. No one messes with these two nights and we all look forward to them!
3 - School and naps. It`s amazing what I can get done when my kids are either at school or napping or in bed! This is when I do all of the things that need to be done so that when the kids come home from school until they go to bed my time is generally theirs. (Except on Tuesdays when I teach piano until 6:15, but one day out of the week isn`t bad!)
So there you have it! For the next couple of months I will definitely not complain that I am bored, because who knows. . . . maybe someone will think of something else that I should be doing!

2 comments:

Lahni said...

I thought I was going to have so much extra time this year because I'm not working. But I feel like I have less time. Between my calling and my kids and hanging out with new friends, I've hardly been home at all this week! It seems we don't have any problems getting people to fill up our time for us!

The Mom said...

Hey I can post comments again - whoo hooo :) I couldn't for a bit :) Have fun being busy - cause it never ends :) I like being busy, but hate being tooo busy! Your mom and mine are most definitely the busiest people I know :)

Hope you have fun doing all the school things :) Here we call them "room moms" :)

Loved all your family pictures - they were fabulous!!!