Monday, October 20, 2008

A Dream Come True

Ever since I was a preteen I had a dream. You see I used to attend the church choir every Sunday by myself. Sometimes I would get a ride home from various members of the choir, and when my cousins moved into the ward I would often get a ride home with them. I used to feel sad that my mother didn't sing in the choir with me. I used to try everything that I could think of to get her to sing with me. But, alas, nothing worked so I decided to dream. I dreamed that one day I would have daughters and they would love to sing and I could sing in the choir with them.
Well, yesterday my dream came true. Now that Abby is 8 years old and can read I feel that she is old enough to sing with me in choir. She is currently singing in the school choir and I am excited to have her join me in the church choir. Abby's voice is quite deep and so I decided that instead of making her sing soprano (which is the easiest for her to hear), I would teach her how to sing the alto part. I had her sit between me and another woman who is also a strong alto and we worked on the alto part together.
Abby did great! She picked up the notes really quickly (and there were some tricky harmonies in there as well!) and she sang beautifully! I was so proud of her. I am really excited that Abby is going to be singing in this choir with me. I think that it will be good for her musically and I am excited to FINALLY not be attending choir by myself. I finally have a reason to enjoy going to choir again!

4 comments:

Lahni said...

Wow! I'm glad your dream is finally coming true!

Ashley Dawn said...

awww, I want to sing in a choir with my girls...well, I just want to be able to go to choir without them ruining the practice first...we'll start with that dream.

Jamie said...

Um, so I would really like to recruit... :)

Megan C said...

LOL!! You would!!!