Monday, October 13, 2008

Giving Thanks on Thanksgiving

I know that it is totally cliche to do at thankful post for Thanksgiving, but I do know that I would be ungrateful if I didn't do it.
Here are the things I am grateful for right now:

I am grateful that I have been blessed with such a wonderful husband. He is big and he is goofy and he is VERY different from me, but he is my other half. His strengths are my weaknesses and vice versa. He is very laid back and easy going and I love that about him.

I am grateful for my beautiful babies. I have been extremely blessed in this area. I have 6 beautiful babies in my eternal family and each one is my favorite in their own special way.

I am grateful for my family. My parents, brother and sisters (and in-laws). There is nothing I love more in this life than my family and I always look forward to when we can all get together. There is never a dull moment in my family get togethers and I sure do love spending time with my family and Otto's family.

I am grateful that I could live in a free country. I know that many people take this for granted (and I know that I do also), but tomorrow is election day and I am free to go out and vote for whomever I want to. I have the right to make that choice and I know that that is a gift that I have been given. I always vote. I feel it is a privilege to do so.

I am grateful for my warm home. I love my house and I love that it is the perfect house for my young family. I know that we will make many memories in this house and for that I am grateful.

I am grateful that I belong to the church that I belong to. Having a deep faith in my religion has helped enrich my life in ways that I can't even begin to explain. It has pulled me up from the depths of despair and it has helped me soar in times of plenty. I am grateful for the hope, happiness and peace that it brings into my life.

I am grateful for music. I believe that music is a very powerful tool and it can be used for good or bad. It plays a very important role in my life and in the lives of my children. I love sitting in my house and listening as I hear my children in various rooms throughout the house singing various songs or playing different instruments. My favorite sound in the whole wide world is the sound of children singing and I will miss that sound when my children are all grown up.

I am grateful for good friends. Like I said in my previous post I do not have a TON of friends, but the ones that I do have I love forever. I have been blessed throughout my life to have friends who have taught me things, helped me out and just been there whenever I have needed them.

Last, but not least I am grateful for Thanksgiving Day. I love that we have a day set aside to be able to think about what we are grateful for. I believe that I don't do it enough. I do know that when I take the time to be grateful for all of the things that I have been blessed with that I feel happy and loved.

What are YOU grateful for today?

1 comments:

Ashley Dawn said...

well, I guess I'm ungrateful because I didn't do the cliche post...jks.
I think I could copy paste your post into my blog and it would be totally accurate (except for specific names and numbers). Thank you for reminding me of all the things I have to be thankful for...