Friday, November 21, 2008

4 Things Tag

4 Things Tag

4 things I was doing 10 years ago:
1. Trying to adjust to life as a newlywed.
2. Getting mad at Otto for finding the huge bottle of pure maple syrup that I had bought him for Christmas (we were poor and it was a big deal okay?)
3. Making spring rolls all day with my cousin Amber
4. Working 3 part time jobs. . . Price Integrity Coordinator at Michaels (the brand new craft store), Chef at Silver Springs Golf Course and working at my mom's warehouse.

.4 things on my list to do today:
1. Go grocery shopping.
2. Go teach digital scrapbooking
3. Go to a crop
4. Call my sister-in-law Suzanne to dish about Survivor. . . .man I hope that she watched it last night!!

4 things i love about my husband:
1. He is HUGE! I really wanted to marry a big guy because I wanted to know that if there was ever a fire that he could go into my kids rooms, and pick them all up and carry them out of the house. . . . really! That is no joke!!! I also wanted to marry a big guy so that I could reassure my kids that they never had to worry about anyone threatening to hurt them or our family because their daddy is bigger than any other man (well to them anyways!).
2. I love his dimples! I always tell him that I married him for his HUGE dimples!
3. I love the way that our relationship is. Otto and I are very much a team. We do each have certain roles (like he is the bread winner and I do all of the food and run the house), but we have often switched roles when needed. We also tackle everything as a team. Whether it is raising our kids, cleaning the house, church callings, whatever I have to do he also helps and vice versa.
4. I love that he is the best dad ever!! My kids don't realize how lucky they are to have a daddy who has gone out and found a job that doesn't require him to work a ton of hours! He always makes sure that he is home in the evenings and he always makes a special point of spending time with the kids. Otto is also the one who gets up with the kids in the middle of the night, which I SINCERELY appreciate!!!
4 jobs I've had:
1. Cutting greens and planting trees at Elbow Springs Golf Club. In fact it is the reason that I am completely obsessed with having perfectly straight lines when cutting the grass!!!
2. Painting for Student Painters . . . I really enjoyed painting, however I didn't enjoy the fact that they ended up not paying me! But that was the summer that Otto and I were engaged and it seemed to rain a lot and we both had jobs that you couldn't do when it was raining so we got to spend a lot of time together. . . but we didn't earn much money!
3. Piano Teacher. I can't believe that I have been doing this for more than 10 years now!!! Where does the time go? I love teaching piano and teaching children how to love music! This is one of my most rewarding jobs!
4. Digital Scrapbooking Teacher and Camp Croppin' Coordinator. I got into scrapbooking as a way to be closer to my mom and that is also one of the reasons that I have been doing these two jobs. I really do love to get my photos into albums and digital scrapbooking makes things a TON faster! But the real reason I like these two jobs is because it lets me work with my mom and I really enjoy doing that. I feel as though it helps me bond to her. . . and it has taught me that I am more like her than I had previously thought.
4 Movies I have seen more than once:
1. Cool Runnings (my favorite movie!!!)
2. Titanic
3. Fried Green Tomatoes
4.Lord of the Rings
4 places I've lived:
1. My parent's house
2. The basement suite that Otto and I lived in when we first got married and he couldn't stand up straight in the kitchen.
3. Married Student Housing at the University
4. A couple of other places and now our beautiful home!
4 places I've been:
1. Texas
2. Mexico
3. Belize
4. Winnipeg (yes I had to put that on there because I think that I am still wondering why that place even exists! I was there in the wintertime for a craft show and it is a barren, ugly place!!!

4 T.V. shows I watch:
1. Survivor
2. Grey's Anatomy
3. The Office
4. Desperate Housewives

4 Things you don't know about me:
Hmmmm, since starting this blog I think that you have been able to find out pretty much everything about me, but I'll try!
1. I played barbies until I was 12
2. I would rather be helping at an event rather than attending it.
3. I am scared to death of mice!!! Really! It's kind of sad.
4. I used to pretend that my Aunt Christie was my older sister.

4 People I tag:
1. Jamie
2. Michelle
3. Emily
4. Christie

6 comments:

Ashley Dawn said...

I love what you said about your husband. I totally have all those reasons for Jarett too. I LOVE having a big guy, it just makes me feel so protected.

Jamie said...

Nice list - that's a fun one.

The Mom said...

Hey - I didn't know you used to pretend that ;) I used to pretend you were my little sister - I always wanted one, and somehow never got one - so you were a great substitute ;) I think sometimes we even fought like sisters - although that was probably a little childish of me, being that you're over 10 years younger. I guess I was just a spoiled brat!!! Forgive me???

Suzanne Lee said...

That was fun to read! I just wanted you to know that I watched Survivor finally, OH MY GOSH!!!! Randy totally deserved that, karma karma... Corine needs to go to she has the most terrible attitude ever, and it's so funny how they all thought they ran the show and had final 3 in the bag for themselves. We need to chat about this more! I want to know who you like. I hope Matty and Sugar go far... I think Kenny is a little rat with gross long pointy fingernails too!!! ahahah we'll chat over dinner on the weekend!

Michelle said...

So if I'm tagged, does that mean I have to actually write 4 things about my husband? Because I haven't met him yet.

Megan C said...

Yes you do. . . or how about 4 things about your future, one day husband!