Wednesday, November 19, 2008

My Science Geek!

Today I got to spend the entire day with Anne on her field trip to the Calgary Science Centre. My Anne is such a science and math geek! You would never know it, but she craves math problems and science experiments. In fact, today we were talking about the type of Christmas tree that we are going to get for her room in a couple of years when she has her own room and she wanted a math and science tree. Ok. . . now where on earth am I going to find math and science decorations??? Lahni??? Got any to spare???
I had so much fun today with Anne's class. It was so cute because Anne was excited all day that she had me all to herself. She is in the most wonderful stage where she thinks that I am the coolest person in the whole wide world (and who am I to argue with that???). She kept telling her friends how cool I was and how I used to be a chef at a restaurant (apparently that's really cool) and how our group will have the most fun. Well, I think that we did have the most fun. The two boys in my group were. . . well. . . . boys and they wiggled the whole time, but it was so much fun! Anne and the other girl in my group were really good and we made sure that we touched and played with everything that we could possibly find in the Science Centre.
We finished off the day by watching an IMAX movie and I almost fell asleep (that's what happens when you put me in a nice warm room and turn off the lights).
My kids are growing up so fast and I realize that I don't have many years left before I go from being the coolest person to the most terrible person. I made it my goal when Abby started kindergarten that I would always volunteer for field trips because I know how much it means to my kids and it is lots of fun being able to spend that time with them.
So spending all day with Anne was a blast. I loved being at the Science Centre with my own little Science Geek. Hopefully I will get the chance to spend more time with her on her field trips before I become uncool. (Which we all know will NEVER happen right???)

3 comments:

Jamie said...

Sounds fun! And you ARE cool! :) I dread the day I am no longer cool.

Lahni said...

I had a friend who teaches chemistry who married a chemist and the decorated their whole wedding with chemistry theme. But no, I don't have any science decorations.

Ashley Dawn said...

Um, you ARE the coolest. I really didn't think that was a trick question. It's just hard to imagine anyone thinking otherwise...