Saturday, November 1, 2008

The Day After . .

It seems as though I always write a post the day after a big event. Maybe this is because I am so busy during the day OF the big event that I don't get time to actually write.
I LOVE Halloween! I know that it is a day of scary things, however it is still one of my favorite holidays. Maybe it's because it's a day where you can pretend to be anything that you want. Maybe it's a day where you get bagfuls of free candy. I don't know what it is, but I love it!
It's interesting to me that now that I am all grown up I actually find that I love Halloween more than I did when I was a kid. I love helping my kiddies choose out costumes and try to create a "theme" for our family. I love doing a costume photo shoot in the beginning of October so that we can have fun pictures for Christmas time. I love doing my girlies make-up and hair really special so that it looks great on Halloween. I love volunteering in the girls classrooms at their school so I can spend as much time with them on this fun day as possible. I love handing out candy at my door so that I can see all of the neighbor kids' costumes and say "hi" to my friends. I love to sit with my kids and go through their candy and watch how excited they get when they see their favorites. I love taking my kiddies to my parent's house and then visiting their next door neighbor every year. She gets so excited when she sees them and she always saves them a special treat. I love going to my mom's house and drinking apple cider and showing her my kids' costumes.
It's just so much fun right now with my kids at the ages that they are at to be able to celebrate holidays. This year the weather was INCREDIBLE! It was 16 degrees and so the kids only had to wear sweaters when they were trick or treating. It brought back so many memories of when I lived in Dallas and I didn't have to wear any coats when I was trick or treating. I have NEVER had this kind of weather in Canada on Halloween. Because it was so nice, Dustin had a lot of fun and he lead the way for the others to go trick or treating. When we were at my parent's house he just kept on opening candies and eating them. He loved it!! I have a feeling that today he will spend the entire day eating candy. That's okay with me. I love making my kids eat all of their candy on November 1st because then it gets it all out of my house!!!
So now it's time to start looking forward to the next big celebration in my house. . . . Otto's birthday! It just happens to be on the same day as my cousin's birthday which is on Tuesday! So I have a feeling I will be creating another post at that time!!!
I hope you all had a Happy Halloween!!!

2 comments:

Lahni said...

Wasn't that weather incredible?!

Ashley Dawn said...

Yay!! You made me excited about Halloween so much that I want it again right now.... It was super fun, eh?