Thursday, November 6, 2008

J Lee 103

For those of you who don't know. . . . JLee103 is my brother's gamer tag. We call him this sometimes. Today is my little brother's birthday. Normally I don't write a whole lot about Jason, besides the odd mention here and there, but I thought that today I would write 10 things I love about him because if I were to ever die, I would want him to know these things.

1 - I love his sense of humor. My brother is always coming up with hilarious jokes and doing funny things. I always laugh when I am around him.

2- I love that he is obsessed with finding new ideas on ways to make money. I always love hearing about his latest venture and it is actually quite interesting to listen to.

3 - I love how much he is obsessed with his dog, Max.

4 - I love how well Jason treats his wife. I love watching him be tender with her and taking care of her. A lot of people don't know that Jason has a soft side because he likes to joke and tease and play around so much, but it's one of my favorite parts of Jason. He can really be a sweet guy.

5 - I love how Jason has taken a special interest in my daughter Caroline. I have had a lot of problems with Caroline because she has been so delayed in her speech and learning, but she always knows that no matter what, Uncle Jason thinks that she is special and he loves her. He calls her his Monster and she used to HATE it when he did that and now she loves it and uses it to her advantage. She also has the same sense of humor that Jason has.

6 - I love that Jason is so dedicated to the church. My brother is currently working with the Young Men in his ward and I know that he does a great job. I know that Jason loves the gospel and I know that he is doing a good job. I have no doubt that those Young Men love Jason because he is such a fun guy.

7 - I love how Jason can turn just about every event into a party. Just having him around makes the whole event more fun!

8 - I love how Jason still loves to play basketball and nintendo after all of these years. This is the Jason I knew growing up and I am so glad that he still does them. I remember going to numberless basketball games to watch him and his friend Jordan play and I remember fighting with him over who got to be Mario and who had to be Luigi in the Super Mario Brother's game.

9 - I love how much Jason does for his family. I know that he helps out my parents a lot. My dad used to tell me that if anyone in our family needs anything that we need to make sure that we drop whatever we are doing and help them out. I know that Jason has really taken that to heart and I know that he would (and has) do anything he can to help one of us out if we were to need it. It meant so much to me to have him and Suzanne come to the hospital after I had Robin so they could come be with me and come see her (right after they got married) and they have babysat for me a couple of times when I have had emergencies come up. Jason has even climbed up to my really high pitched rooftop to put Christmas lights up there for me. Man I love that guy!

10 - I love the relationship I have with my brother. The two of us have always gotten along really well. We don't always see eye to eye, but we really respect each other. Jason and I have never really fought. I can actually remember pretty much every fight we have had because if it does happen it is pretty traumatic for the both of us because for some reason if one of us says something mean to the other one it cuts pretty deep because we have such a deep respect for the other one. I love this relationship and I know that not everyone has this type of relationship and so I feel blessed to have Jason as my little brother.

So there you have it. 10 things I love about Jason. Jay I hope you have a Happy Birthday and I am so excited that you are going to be a DADDY soon!!!

2 comments:

Ashley Dawn said...

Awww, what a great idea. I should do this for my sisters too....hmmmmm. I love that you have a great relationship with your siblings. It's so important. It's something I've always been lucky with too.

Suzanne Lee said...

I love all those wonderful things you said about Jason. I'm so lucky to have him, and to have great sister's in law!