Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Happy Birthday

Today is the birthday of two people who are both very important to me. The first one is my Cousin Michelle. This is a big birthday for her and I am so sad that I am not closer to her so that I can go and pick her up and we can skip Young Women's and listen to Green Day in my van while head banging and drinking Slurpee's. Happy Birthday Beautiful Cousin!!
It is also my Big Guy's birthday. He is now 32 and I LOVE teasing him about being so old because I am not 30 yet, but I won't be able to do that much longer as I will be 30 this May. I have always said that I have been so lucky to have such a wonderful husband. We got married really young and we hadn't known each other for very long, but I knew that he was THE ONE!!! Otto is my very best friend. He is the best father I have ever known and I have never complained about how much he helps around the house or how much time he spends with the family because it seems as though he is always here, helping out. The kids have started to dread when Otto gets home from work because they say that he makes them clean, but I have to say that I really appreciate it because even though my house is never quite spotless, it isn't quite a pig sty either. I love that he is an engineer and so he fits into my family quite well. He gets along very well with my grandparents and my cousins. My hubby rarely complains about things and if he could just be with the kids all day he would do that.
I love how much time Otto sacrifices to come and support me when I am singing or performing. He is tone deaf and has never really had an incredible love for music like I have, but he has always made a point of making sure that I am involved in anything that I would like to be involved in.
My Big Guy is a wonderful example to my daughters of how their husbands should be when they are old enough to get married. He treats me and the kids wonderfully.
I sure hope that my hubby has a wonderful birthday and that he knows how much we love him!!!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY BIG GUY!!!

3 comments:

Ashley Dawn said...

Hope he had a great day!! I actually remember when we were in choir, you came in one day and said that you found the guy you were going to marry. It's funny because we lost touch after that and I didn't ever find out if you did marry him....but after many years, I find that you did. That's so awesome!!
PS - I always thought you were a lot older than me.... it's funny how 4 years can be such a huge age gap when you're a teenager. But now, you're younger than my husband. Funny....

Michelle said...

Aw, thanks! Next time I come home, we'll have to take a trip to Neighbors, just the two of us. (Is it even still called Neighbors?)

The Mom said...

Happy Belated Birthday Otto!