Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Just like a good bra!

I have never realized how motivating good support could be. You see we all know how support is important in a bra. . . but how about in real life? I have never been the type of person to say to someone. . . hey let's try this out together. . . I usually try it myself and then either encourage or discourage others to try it out for themselves.
Well, the saying does go "No man is an island" and that is true I think. I have recently written down my New Year's Resolutions on this blog, and what surprised me was how my mom and sisters had a similar one to me. So we decided to create a group and work on our goal together. Yesterday I was feeling a bit discouraged by my goal and then I was able to read how my mom and sisters were working on their goal and it gave me the reassurance and strength that I needed to stick to it. Some of us are doing better than others, and our methods of accomplishing our goal are different because all of our circumstances are different. However, being able to read that my mom and sisters are all there working on the same thing as I am has really made me feel great!
So, here's hoping that the results are great. . . kind of like when I wear a good bra!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah our group is sweet
and i'm going to make it a competition and i'm going to win, because i like to win... although i know it'll be hard to win because jenna is just so cool and the kids favorite aunt, so she's hard to compete with, but i'll try for second place
-kristin

Anonymous said...

your right kristin
I am the best
and the coolest aunt ever
and i will probably win
you're right for not competing against me....
-Jenna

Anonymous said...

your right kristin
I am the best
and the coolest aunt ever
and i will probably win
you're right for not competing against me....
-Jenna

Ashley Dawn said...

hahahaha!! What a great comparison. It's SO true! It makes all the difference in the world...

The Mom said...

You're all wrong - not that I know what you're talking about - but hey - I AM THE BEST AUNT :) Seriously - if you're good - I bet you learned it from me LOLOLOL

Love you guys!!!

Jamie said...

Ha - nice metaphor!