Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Fun Filled Family Weekend

As I wrote in my previous post, Otto's dad and his wife flew into town to come and visit. This past weekend we got to spend a lot of time with them. They slept over at our house on Saturday and Sunday evenings. It was great! The kids really enjoyed having Granny and Grandpa sleep over at our house. It is too bad that they live so far away because the children don't really get to see them that often (did I mention that we hadn't seen them in 3 years???).
On Friday night Otto and I went out for dinner with Bob, Kathy and Kevin (Otto's sister's husband). It was great! It was so nice to be able to see Bob and Kathy without having to control any children. Afterwards, Otto and I went to a movie. . . if you haven't seen Yes Man and you are looking for a really funny, light movie, go see it!
Saturday was a day full of cleaning. We were having Granny and Grandpa sleep-over and so the house had to be extra clean! It was worth it though because we had Otto's sister, Heather and her entire family (3 teenage boys) and Granny and Grandpa all over for a pizza party! We hung out, played Rock Band (I killed on the drums of course), played games and had TONS of food (would you expect anything less of me???). The kids had a BLAST with their cousins and it was really fun to have a party with Otto's family. We don't do it very often so it was a fun evening!
On Sunday, I was so busy I was barely home. We had a nice brunch and then church and Bob and Kathy went to her family party. I was in meetings all day and evening and so I didn't get home until after 10 pm, but it was nice to visit with Bob and Kathy that night. . . . a great way to relax!
Yesterday afternoon, Jason (Otto's brother) came and picked up Bob and Kathy to take them down to their house for a couple of days. We kept the kids home from school so that they could play with their grandparents. The girls and Dustin spent the whole morning teasing, and being teased by Grandpa and being read to by Granny. They all had a lot of fun (except when Grandpa tried to flush them down the toilet. . . they kind of freaked out a little. . . HILARIOUS!!).
So, there you go. . . I CAN be spontaneous. . . however. . . well. . . it takes WAY more energy to be that way. I think that I could sleep for about 3 days!
How was your weekend? I will have to go catch up on some blog reading I think!

1 comments:

Ashley Dawn said...

My weekend consisted of drilling my little sister to help her prepare for her Grade 8 piano exam; planning and going through with a little 6 year old birthday party (as well as venturing Kindergarten with a baby) and then church and trying to recover....and a lot of blogging in between while I was nursing!! Now I just need to sleep for 3 days straight...