Wednesday, January 7, 2009

A Little Under the Weather

Have you ever felt guilty for being sick? I am totally feeling like that right now. We have had this strange bug going around our house and it has now "infected" more than half of us. This isn't the flu, but it is a different sort of bug. It makes you exhausted, have severe headaches, an eye infection, sinus infection, and ear infection. You feel terrible.
Here's the thing. I seem to have caught it. Now I don't know if any of you are like me, but I just don't classify myself as being sick unless I am throwing up. I am not throwing up, but I feel terrible, and I have been for quite a few days now. However, I am feeling guilty because I am kind of wondering if I may be faking it a bit to get out of doing things. Now, I know that this is silly, however I am not throwing up so I just keep on asking myself what is wrong because I can't seem to do anything!!!
I don't know. . . maybe this is just me feeling guilty because I can't seem to get anything done and I am starting to feel overwhelmed. . . . I think that I will mull this over while I go back to my bed for another nap.

5 comments:

Ashley Dawn said...

haha, live it up my friend. I don't care if you ARE faking it (which you aren't), you deserve a break. We've been dealing with it all over here too and I'm tempted to fake it.... can't do it though because everything would fall apart - sigh. To have a break....

Lahni said...

We had that too, if you don't let yourself rest, you're just going to be sick forever!

Michelle said...

Don't feel guilty. It's important to take care of yourself, and sometimes that means taking it easy when you don't feel well.

(says the girl with the serious head cold who is still at work because she feels too guilty taking a sick day - believe me, I know how you feel)

Mandy said...

you should see a doctor so that you have a professional diagnoses (or rather excuse) to be lazy...lol

Jamie said...

Ugh - we totally have the same thing right now! I've been out of it for 3 days straight! Yuck!