Friday, January 2, 2009

What's yours like?

So its that time of year again when we all set goals that we may (or may not) accomplish during the year. I am huge on goal setting! I think that I got this from my mom. She always taught me to have goals, and so I have never gone a year without something to work towards. So. . . here are my goals for 2009:

1 - Lose the rest of my weight to get down to my goal weight (25 lbs down and 25 more to go!!)

2 - Create another form of savings so that my eggs aren't all in one basket! (It makes me nervous to have all of my money in one place!)

3 - Study the Doctrine and Covenants. This may sound easy, but I am in the Primary Presidency in our ward so I don't get to attend Sunday School or Relief Society, so I will have to do this all on my own. I am excited to do this because I love learning more about church history and about Joseph Smith!

4 - Spend 1 hour every day tidying up the house! I HATE to tidy and I would much rather clean, but this needs to be done more and who knows. . . maybe next year I can move onto cleaning more!!!

So there you have it! My 4 goals for 2009. We'll see how well I do, but the first step is to write them down right???
So, just curious. . . what are your goals like for this new year???

5 comments:

Jamie said...

Mine are VERY similar!

The Mom said...

I'm sure mine will be close too. Along with checking my kids grades every Monday, Wednesday and Friday to make sure they are doing and handing their homework in so we don't have a mad rush at the end of the term to get their grades up ;) It gets harder with boys - just a little warning in advance ;)

Great goals - hope you achieve them all!!!

Jacki said...

- Get to bed before midnight every night.
- Do a pull-up.
- Potty train my daughter.
- Eat more kale.

Mandy said...

Tidying up will actually help to clean your house much quicker...at least that is what I have found. Happy new year and I hope you are able to accomplish your goals.

Ashley Dawn said...

Congrats on the weight loss so far. I actually never set goals and I think that's because I'm sick of never making it. Sigh. Bad attitude perhaps? Anyone?? Okay, so I'm on the weight loss band wagon too. I want to get down about 25 pounds too. Then I'll be my wedding day weight. I want to be a more involved mom and I want to be more consistent and fervent in my scripture study and prayers. So, all in all, pretty close. Thanks for making me make some goals.