Friday, January 23, 2009

Spontaneous

If you know me at all, you will see the word Spontaneous next to my name and laugh! Anyone who knows me knows that I am NOT spontaneous!! However, I am really trying to be that way this weekend. You see, my Otto's dad and his wife decided to fly out to come see all of their family on a whim this weekend. They decided yesterday afternoon and arrived last night. Wow! I could NEVER do that!! I would be freaking out the whole time because of the lack of plans. . . wait. . . ok, I will be honest, I AM freaking out a little bit because I didn't have time to put plans in place.
As I am sitting here, trying to take deep breaths and type this post at the same time I am realizing that this will be good for me. I haven't had time to make a ton of plans, but I have been able to plan to spend time with Otto's dad and his wife. We really do like them (okay, Otto loves his dad) and we rarely get to see them and it has been about 3 years since we have seen them last. So, I have basically cancelled all of our previous plans so that we can have a fun, Comin-filled weekend!
I am excited to be doing something that is so spur of the moment, and I am a little anxious too because I won't have complete control over the plans (this is new for me), but I am soooooo excited that they decided to come and visit us and I know that we will have tons of fun with them!
Wish me luck. . . I plan on being spontaneous!

3 comments:

Ashley Dawn said...

I truly LOVE the irony that you are planning to be spontaneous. Doesn't that go against the whole purpose of spontaneity anyway? I grew up with spontaneous vacations etc. so I can handle them (this drives Jarett crazy). Good luck with your spontaneous planning of being spontaneous!!

Jamie said...

Oooo - although I'm sure you will have lots of fun, I'd be freaking out too! :)

The Mom said...

Hee hee - I think it's easier to be spontaneous when you don't have a lot of kids to drag along in your spontaneity (sp?)

Hope you had a great weekend!