Monday, February 4, 2008

FHE

Okay, so it's Monday. I am still feeling dizzy, but it does appear that things are getting slightly better every day. The kids didn't have school today so I didn't have to worry about driving, but starting tomorrow I will have to be driving again, which does make me a little bit nervous!
Last week Abby and I were having a hot tub in my bathtub and we were reading the Friend. She found a cute activity that she really wanted to do and so I asked her if she wanted to be in charge of Family Home Evening this week. She was very excited and told me "yes"!! So all week she has been getting an activity ready for us to do for Family Home Evening tonight. It is so cute to watch her as she makes sure that everything is perfect. She spent yesterday evening coloring all of her pictures that she is going to use for FHE tonight, and she has prepared a little lesson and activity.
I know that this is a small thing in her life, but for some reason it is one of my proudest moments. My little girl is so excited to teach us about Joseph Smith and the scriptures. That just makes my heart so full of joy. When I had my pat. blessing when I was 16, I was blessed that I would have joy as I watched my children grow. As sad as I am that they are growing up toooooooo fast, I have found that they truly do bring me so much joy.
As I spent those three days in the hospital last week, I got to listen to several women go through labour and several women get ready for C-Sections. It reminded me that in about 6 weeks we are going to get to finally meet our little Lee. As BORING and unfun as my hospital stay was, the one thing that I did get out of it was that I am now SO excited to have little Lee. I can't wait until he joins our family and our family is complete. I can't wait to hold him and to be able to look at him. I miss my little Robin terribly, and I did shed a couple of tears when they hooked me up to the baby monitor to monitor Lee's heartbeat because as excited as I was to see and hear the little heartbeat, that was not something I got to experience with my little girl. However, I can't wait to see her again too!
I know that life is full of ups and downs and that we must experience the downs in order to fully appreciate the ups. Right now, I am so looking forward to watching my little Abby teach her first lesson in FHE and watch her little testimony grow! It is probably not a big deal to anyone else, but for me, tonight is going to be a special night!

0 comments: