Monday, February 25, 2008

The Ponch

As we are getting closer to having little Lee, things are getting pretty exciting around here. We spent Saturday cleaning and organizing our upstairs because when we bring Lee home, I won't be able to do stairs very well, so people will have to come upstairs to see us. Abby helped me get out and organize the baby basket. We had so much fun arranging all of the little washcloths, towels, medicines, binkies and misc other baby stuff in it and making it look cute for when Lee comes. For some reason, I do this with each of my babies. I find it easier to have all of the infant stuff really accessible in my room so that I don't have to go very far to get anything.
On Sunday, we went over to my Uncle Brant and Aunt Marilyn's house for dinner. We actually went over there to meet Kelsey, who is my cousin Chris' fiancee. She was really sweet and we are so excited for her and Chris. However, my cousin Alex is really into photography, and earlier in the year he had asked me if he could take some pictures of me when I am pregnant because he didn't have any maternity photos for his portfolio. I told him that when I got bigger we could arrange something. Well, with Lee's C-Section date being 2 1/2 weeks away, I figured that I wasn't going to be getting much bigger than I already am. Since we were going over there anyways, I made my family look cute and we went and took some pictures of us with the ponch.
I had never taken maternity pictures before, and of course it was a little bit hectic getting everyone to do what we wanted them to do, but I am actually quite excited that we did it.
Being pregnant with Lee doesn't actually seem real. I still don't quite believe that in a couple of weeks, I will actually be having a baby. And not only that, but I will be having my last baby. One of the reasons that I liked doing that photo shoot was because I won't be able to be pregnant again and so I wanted to remember being pregnant with my little one. I hope that we were able to capture some of the excitement that all of the girlies and Otto and I feel as we look forward to meeting our little one. Every time I feel a little kick in the ribs or a punch in the belly, the most wonderful feeling of love comes over me for this little guy.
I know that he is supposed to be a member of our family. I know that our family is now complete. We all miss our other little baby sometimes, but we know that we will see her again someday. It is so wonderful for me to see my children get so excited when they see the ponch start to move, or when they get to feel a kick. They tell all of their friends and teachers about it and it makes me so excited that they are also looking forward to having our little brother. I just hope that they will be just as excited once he comes out!

0 comments: