Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Guess What???

So you will never believe what is happening at my house right now!! Right now only Lee and I are inside because the other kiddies are playing with the neighbour kids on . . . wait for it. . . wait for it . . . yep, it's true, the kiddies are playing on the lawn in the backyard!!!!! YAY!!!! After this weekend we will have put up the other fence and then NO MORE DIRT!!!!! This is a dream come true for me!! I would like to thank all of the people that have made this day possible!! Thanks to Weston for your awesome crew (and your Mexicans) who laid the sod for me, thanks to Otto for building the sandbox beforehand so we knew how much sod to get, thanks to the rain for making it easier for the kids to not want to be outside and for saving me $$$$ on watering the grass, and thanks to my neighbours for putting up their fences!! You know what they say. . . .good fences make good neighbours!!! Having 5 kids, I know how true that is!!!
So for now I forsee a wonderful summer full of days of playing in the backyard with their friends!!! Lets just hope that the weather cooperates or else I forsee an entirely different (not quite as fun) summer!

3 comments:

Ashley Dawn said...

oh that's awesome. I'm so jealous that you have a great backyard. We do have a patch of grass, but it's not enough for 3 girls. Congrats on your amazing grass!!

Jamie said...

Yay for grass! The green, lawn kind, not the get-high kind...

The Mom said...

Whooo hooooo - I can only imagine how happy you are - yayyyy!