Friday, June 20, 2008

It finally happened!

Well, it finally happened. I can't believe it. I am usually quite scheduled and I like things to be just right. Yesterday, right after school, Anne went to a birthday party that ended at 6. So, I had Otto pick her up right after the party and while he was getting her, I had the other kids and I eating dinner and getting changed. Why you ask? Well because it was Abby's cello recital last night. Otto got home and I shoved food down his and Anne's throat and made them quicky change for the recital. We left just in time to get there 5 minutes before 7. When I went to put my snacks down in the gymn of the church (where the recital was being held), I noticed that a few people had started nibbling on some snacks and I thought that that was quite rude of them!! Then instead of being the first people there we seemed to be one of the last people to arrive. I was impressed that everyone had arrived so early. . . that usually doesn't happen. Well we sat down in the second row from the front and Abby's teacher asked me why we were so late. I said, "What do you mean? We are here a minute or two early." That was when I was informed that the recital started at 6! I didn't believe her. She told me that, in fact, they had already gone and had started eating the refreshements when another family had shown up and so they had called everyone back into the chapel because there were 3 kids in that family who needed to perform. (This explained the look of the snack table). We just happened to show up right after that family, so that was why everyone was back in the chapel. HOW COULD THIS HAPPEN??????? I NEVER do this!!!
Anyways, Abby did a wonderful job and I was so proud of her. It was amazing to see how far she has come from October. I love her and my only regret is that we showed up for the recital after it was over!

3 comments:

Ashley Dawn said...

haha, that's hilarious. It's just totally classic somehow. Glad to know that I won't be alone when my turn comes....

Jamie said...

I don't think I need to say that I can relate, and I think my story is worse! :)

The Mom said...

hee hee - well - I hate to tell you this - but - it's probably not the last time either ;)

Glad Abby did so well - hope you took lots of pics with your new camera!!