Thursday, June 5, 2008

Laundry

This past week has been a BLAST!! I have had so much fun spending so much time with my cousins, aunts, uncles, parents, grandparents, great aunts and uncles, first and second cousins, etc. The only problem is that now I have a HUGE amount of laundry to do. I actually don't mind doing laundry. In fact if I didn't have to put it away, I would actually go as far as to say that I ENJOY doing laundry. I think that it is the one household chore that I actually like to do. . . . oh and cooking of course!
I know that I am a little bit weird because of this, but doing laundry is almost like reliving certain moments. Let me share with you what I am reliving through my laundry right now:
- I am currently washing blankets and backpacks that the kiddies used on our trip to the farm where Abby and Anne got to ride down with my grandparents and ride back with my Aunt Christie and her family.
- I am washing socks that the kiddies wore while they pet the horses and we all walked down to the ice cream store.
- I am washing the dresses that my girlies wore to the temple when my cousin got married.
- I am washing the princess costumes that the girlies wore when they sang "Someday my Prince will Come" at my cousin's family dinner. (Otto was the best man so he got to wear a tuxedo, but that will be dry cleaned so I won't have to wash it . . . YAY!!!)
- I am washing the PJ's that my kids wore when they got to babysit themselves with their cousins while I went to the wedding reception here in Calgary.
- I am washing the shorts and T-shirts that we all wore when we went to Calaway Park with my Aunt Christie. Dustin, Brady, Christie and I all got a little sunburned, but it was worth it!
- I am washing the clothes that we wore to my parent's house for a huge family games night where we had a blast playing Rock Band and the new Cranium Taboo.
- I am washing the Sunday dresses that we wore when my Aunt Christie joined us for church on Sunday.
- I am washing the food stains out of the clothes that the kids wore when we went to my Grandma Bennion's house for dinner and had a family reunion on my Archer side of the family and then going to her house again for a Mexican Rio dinner and birthday party/father's day party for lots of the family members.
- I am washing the socks that I had to buy for Dustin when Christie, Kent and I took all of the kids to "Lets Play" for the day on Monday.
- I am washing the swimming suits that my kids wore when we all went to the Village Square Leisure Center to go swimming on Tuesday.
- I am also washing the clothes that have pizza stains on them from taking the kids to "Chucky Cheese" on Wednesday evening with my grandparents, my Aunt Marilyn and Katie, and my Uncle Kent Aunt Christie and their kiddies.
Now with all of these outfits, plus the blankets that Lee uses, plus the dirty jackets that I always have to wash because my girls think that the floor of the school bus is where you are supposed to put your jacket, I have definitely created laundry mountain in my laundry room. I will admit that it is a tad overwhelming to have this much laundry, but making all of those memories makes it worth it!!!

1 comments:

The Mom said...

We had tons of fun too - and have the laundry to match ;) Thanks for playing with us - we miss you already!!!