Tuesday, June 17, 2008

It's not. . .

It's not that I haven't been writing on my blog, it's just that every time I want to upload a video or a picture it completely shuts down my internet!!! Stupid vista!!! This past weekend was a bit hectic, but so much fun! I got to see two of my girlies perform in their dance recital. While I was helping out, I realized something. First of all I realized that my kids still think that I am so cool and so I need to take more advantage of that and spend more time with them. Anne and Caroline loved having me backstage and we had tons of fun taking tons of pictures and just goofing around. The second thing I realized is that not all volunteers are helpful. It kind of annoyed me when we were backstage waiting to get onto the stage and I was helping the teacher keep all of the kids in order and staying put, and the other 3 moms were just standing around talking to each other. What's the point in volunteering if you don't actually do anything???
The second event that went on this weekend was the baptism of Abby's best friend Dana. The reason I bring this up was because this baptism was a bit of a learning experience for Abby. You see Abby had also been invited to go to a birthday party for a set of triplets that are in her class at school. The triplets are a ton of fun and Abby loves playing with them. The problem was that the birthday party was at the same time as the baptism. Now being an 8 year old little girl and having to choose between your best friend's baptism and a birthday party is not an easy choice. I told her that she could choose whichever one she wanted, but I explained how attending the baptism of her best friend was a better choice. . . even if it wasn't the most fun. Well, after alot of tears she did choose to attend the baptism and she ended up having a great time.
And then there was Dustin! Yep, that little guy turned 3! Can you believe it??? My oldest son is now 3!! I mean what is going on here?? Have I just been sleeping their childhoods away??? I am afraid that one day I will wake up and they will all be grown up! How did this happen? Who can I talk to about fixing this?
And last, but certainly not least, it was Father's day this Sunday. I felt a little bit sorry for Otto because Father's Day wasn't even mentioned at church on Sunday. (He did get the traditional pie afterwards though). We were able to have Jenna and Kristin and some of Jenna's friends over for dinner, and that was fun times. It did make me miss my dad. . . him being on a cruise and all. I do love my big guy and I couldn't imagine my life without him. Not only is he a wonderful husband and father, but he has also given me 6 beautiful little babies, and for that there is no present good enough to repay him.

1 comments:

Suzanne Lee said...

You should post some pics of ANnie and Caroline in their dance costumes! They are to cute!