Friday, June 27, 2008

Shower

I went to my sister's shower (baby shower. . . .not the bathroom kind!) last night. It was fun. It was cute to see her all excited for her new little guy to come. I have a feeling that he is going to arrive when we are in San Diego, so I don't think I will be there to help her out! This is too bad, but I think that she is going to have lots of help when the baby arrives!!
One thing I did notice, however, was how much stuff she got. It reminded me of all of the things (accessories, gadgets, gizmos etc) that I used to think were necessary when I had Abby, and how few of them I use now. It seems to me that as I have continued to have children, I have gotten more relaxed with each one. Sometimes I feel a bit sorry for my kids because I honestly can say that I don't know exactly how many times they went to the bathroom in a day and they get their own breakfast in the mornings, so I don't even know which cereal they chose. Sometimes I do wish that I had more time and energy to find out those things, but then I look at them playing with each other and having fun and I realize that maybe the space I give them isn't always such a bad thing. I am not always on top of them for every little thing that they are doing. They have alot of room to explore and play and learn without me imposing every little thing on them. This was one of the reasons I wanted to have a big family, and I get so proud of them when I see them playing with each other and looking out for each other.
So, maybe I am not doing everything wrong. . . maybe, just maybe I have done one thing right.

1 comments:

Jamie said...

Oh, I think you've done a lot more than one thing right! :)