Friday, July 4, 2008

Does the world revolve around me . . . or is the room just spinning???

Yep, you guess it! The room is just spinning. . . however, sometimes I think that I WOULD like the world to revolve around me, and then I think, "NAH!!! Too much work!!" However ever since Wednesday, I have been sooooo sick with my vertigo. It was so bad that when I went grocery shopping with the kiddies on Thursday, we had to stop 3 times so that I could run to the bathroom and throw up. I don't know what is going on, but hopefully the doctor can figure it out because I totally look as though I am drunk all of the time! And from someone who has never gotten drunk, I just have to say that if this is what it feels like, NO THANKS!!! I am constantly bumping into walls, tripping over my own feet, watching the room spin whenever I stop moving and more. My family would LOVE it though because I am pretty sure that if you asked me to touch my fingers to my nose I couldn't do it again. . . . it turned into quite the circus act at family gatherings for awhile, so I have a feeling I will be performing my tricks for them again.
Even though I have been soooo dizzy, I have managed to go grocery shopping (thanks to a WONDERFUL Abby who stood with her siblings while I ran to the bathroom and puked), clean the house (turns out Caroline is AMAZING at cleaning bathrooms. . . and she's only 4!!), host a sleep-over with Otto's brother's family of 6 boys (they stayed over on their way to Edmonton. . . didn't even stay 12 hours here. . . my girls think that this is somehow my fault!), make muffins (tried a new recipe and it was FANTASTIC!!), take Dustin to the doctor (he had a MAJOR reaction to a misquito bite and his face looks like Quasimodo right now. . . hopefully that will pass), and do some canning with mangos (I LOVE mangos and they were $5 for 4 kg. . . . I also tried out this new AMAZING Mango Lime jam and sliced canned mangos. . . . YUMMY!!!!).
I really wish that this whole dizziness thing would just go away. The doctors haven't been able to figure out what causes it and it makes me nervous that I am going to get onto an airplane and fly to San Diego next week with this whole dizziness going on. Hopefully it will go away by then. . . until that time, if you see me walking diagonally, or falling down alot, or bumping into walls, just know that it's just a part of who I am and I haven't taken up a new hobby.

1 comments:

Mandy said...

I hope you overcome this vertigo. I know my Mom had it really bad. She had fluid build up in her ear that affected her. It was really bad. It's great that your kids are so helpful. Good luck.