Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Monster!

My little baby is a HUGE MONSTER!!! I can't believe how big he is!! He is now 4 months old and he is almost in size 12 clothes! I have been debating on whether I should put him into the 6-9 month clothes or just skip to the 12 month clothes! I would have to buy fewer clothes if I just skip a size, so I might just do that!
My sister had her baby last Friday while I was in San Diego and it has been driving me CRAZY that I haven't been able to see him. I am especially excited to meet him because he is the first cousin that my kiddies have on my side of the family. I know that when I see him though that he will make Lee look even bigger!
There are some great things that Lee is doing now. He is talking like crazy!! I have never had a child this young talk so much. . . . maybe it has something to do with the fact that he has 4 older siblings who yak at him all day long. Lee is also the most mellow and easy going baby! He just hangs out in his car seat and kind of whines a bit when he is hungry or really wet, but other than that he just smiles and talks all day long. (He even sleeps in the car seat. . . .something which really saved me when we were in San Diego!) Lee is now starting to be interested in standing, so we have brought out the ultrasaucer and he still LOVES his swing, so we have used that also. I also had bought a bumba at a second hand store and it is so much fun to have Lee sit in it on the counter while I am making dinner, or come and sit on the table while we are eating!
The other big step that my little monster is about to take is that I have finally broken down and bought him some rice cereal. I know that this sounds weird when I say "broken down", but I know that Lee has probably been ready to start the rice cereal for awhile now, but I just haven't been willing to do it because I don't really want to start changing the really gross diapers that come along with food. But, in the end, I really do want Lee to experience new things so I am going to bite the bullet and start with this whole food thing.
Well, even though I had hoped that Lee would be a nice, small baby like 3 of my other ones, it turns out that I got another Otto and he his HUGE!! But, I still love him anyways! So off I go to start my little (I mean big) monster on his next phase of life!

1 comments:

The Mom said...

He is a big boy!!! He's probably almost bigger than Brady was at a year old - cause that's when Brady was wearing those 6-9 months clothes LOL I remember being so happy that he weighed 16 lbs or so when he turned 1 LOL

You just know that you have another b-ball player on your hands :)

He sure is a cutie!!! So happy to hear he's doing so well :)