Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Technical Difficulties

Due to some technical difficulties I couldn't post my entry from yesterday. . . I don't know what's up with the internet in my room, but not even sitting in my van would help it. . . so I wrote the entry in Microsoft Word and I am just going to copy and paste it. . . . Here you go!

Okay, it’s official, I’m tired! I actually am so tired that I am unsure if I will be able to make it through this post. I am having some problems connecting to the wireless network here today, so I am writing this post in Word and I will copy and paste it onto my blog when I can actually access the internet.
We had another fun, and busy, day. We started the day off by going to Balboa Park in San Diego. Balboa Park is this beautiful green park which is surrounded by museums, gardens and even the San Diego Zoo. We started off by going to the Model Railway Museum. . .. . can you guess who we did this for? If you guessed Dustin, you would be right. He LOVES trains. . . and especially Thomas the Tank engine. So, I made him wear his Thomas shirt so that I could get some good pictures. I even caved in and bought him a Thomas the Tank Engine whistle. After the museum we went to the Science Museum. The girls got to make these cool things that they put into some wind tunnels and they flew right out of the top of them. After that they played on various other displays and had a fun time exploring the museum. Afterwards we ate our lunch outside by the big fountains. Then it was back inside to watch the movie Monsters of the Sea on the IMAX big screen. The kiddies have never been to an IMAX movie so I made sure that we went and saw it (it was also included in our pass so that was another bonus!). The movie was pretty interesting, but I would have to say that the highlight was watching it with Dustin. He would ooooh and aaaahh at just about everything and it was so much fun to be around him while he was discovering everything.
After the IMAX we went to the Japanese Tea Gardens for Anne. She really loves gardens and is really into flowers. This makes me so happy because she is named after my great-grandmother Nellie Archer who also really loved flowers and gardens. To tell you the truth, the Tea Gardens were a bit of a let down. We were expecting something a bit more showey, but the price of admission was included in our passes, so we didn’t care that much. Now, at least, we can say that we saw it.
After the gardens, we had pretty much seen the museums and the areas of Balboa Park that we wanted to see (with the exception of the zoo) and we had left Lee’s formula at the hotel, so we left Balboa and we went back to the hotel for a quick bathroom break and formula pick-up. While we were there I rubbed lotion on my ever-so-sore shoulders (yes they are burned pretty badly from yesterday). We had planned on going to the zoo, but I remembered how big it was and we agreed that we might want to spend more time there than just a few hours, so we decided to postpone it until tomorrow. (see, I can be flexible with my schedule) Instead we took the kiddies to Bellmont Park. This is an amusement park that is right next to the ocean. We got wristbands (also included in our passes) which allowed us to ride on the rides as many times as we wanted to. It was really fun to go on all of the thriller rides with Abby. It reminded me of being a teenager again. I do have to say, however, that the highlight for me at Bellmont Park was when we got a couple of snowcones. . . . .these are not your average single serving snowcones! They are HUGE!!! We were able to more than satisfy 6 hot, hungry people with only 2 snowcones! Literally these snowcones were probably 18” tall! They were amazing!!! The only part that I didn’t like about them was that I ended up sharing with Dustin and Caroline, so I ended up with about half of our snowcone on my lap. . . .oh well, the memories are worth it right?
I don’t know what it is, but Otto is obsessed with eating at certain fast food restaurants. So, we decided to try In N Out Burger today. Turns out it is pretty good. It was DEFINITELY in my price range so that made me happy, and Otto really liked his burger so that made him happy. He said that he liked Carl’s Jr. a bit more though because they had more variety and their burgers were a lot bigger (the are A LOT BIGGER!!!). It was fun though and I am glad that we are able to do some of the things that Otto wants to do because he is so good about doing all of the things that I want to do.
We finished off the night with some more swimming and then Abby, Anne and I watched a nice teeny bobber movie while Otto studied for his P-Eng Proficiency test (he is writing it the day after we get home). Now I am just trying to get everything settled for the night because we have an early start tomorrow morning. We are going to Tijuana very first thing and our tour bus is picking us up at 8:10 am so I will have to have everyone and everything ready by then. Wish me luck!!

0 comments: