Sunday, July 20, 2008

Yesterday

Yesterday I didn't have time to write down what happened, so I wanted to make sure that I did it today.
Yesterday was our last full day in San Diego. I find that the last day is always a bit sad because you know that you are leaving the next day and so you keep getting reminded about that. Well, even though I had the fact that I was leaving the next day hanging over my head the entire day I still managed to have fun. . . . maybe that was because we spent the day at Sea World.
Yep, Sea World. What a great way to end a vacation. It's a little hard on the pocketbook, but it is still a really fun place to be. We took the kiddies there and watched pretty much all of the shows from Shamu to the Dolphin show and the Sea Lions to the Cirque de la Mer show. The only one we didn't attend was the pet show because I wasn't really interested in it. We didn't go on any rides (which made things a lot more pleasant), and the sky was a bit overcast for most of the day so that made the day really nice.
The only thing that I really wish was different and that has bugged me constantly since we were there was the fact that Caroline's shyness kept her from being a part of the dolphin show. All day she wanted to go to the dolphin show and she kept on asking to go see it constantly. So we went to go to the show and the stadium was full, so we convinced her that as soon as the show was over that we would go and get seats for the next show (they play every hour). We did that and while we were sitting there, one of the trainers came over and started to talk to Caroline (to see if she would want to be in the show). Well, Caroline was sooooo shy and turned her head and wouldn't talk to him, so he chose another little girl to be in the show instead. I was so frustrated because she would have been able to go and feed the dolphins and pet them and have her picture taken with them and play with them, but because she was too shy she missed out on that FANTASTIC opportunity!!! Aaaaarrrrgggg. . . . .I am still so frustrated just thinking about it!!
Well after Sea World the plan was to go to my Great Aunt Jolene's house for a potluck BBQ. We thought it might be a good idea to feed the kiddies first so that they weren't so ravenously hungry by the time we got there. So, we took them for one last stop at In N Out burger for some milkshakes (yum!!) and then bought stuff for a caesar salad and headed over to Aunt Jolene's. It was really fun to spend so much time with my cousins, first cousins once removed, second cousins, etc. My girlies really loved playing with my cousin Tiffany and Dustin LOVED Adri (my cousin Jackie's daughter).
We didn't get back to the hotel until 11 pm and then Otto and I had to pack everything up and load the car because we had to get up at 4:30 am in order to catch our 7:30 flight.
It was a really fun last day. I am really glad that we saved Sea World until the last day. It was a good thing to end with.

0 comments: