Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Splish Splashing in the sun!

Okay, so I am sitting in my rental van outside of my hotel room because this is the only place that I can connect to the wireless network so that I can write down today's happenings.
Today's weather was FANTASTIC again, and we had so much fun. Basically the theme of today was WATER. We spent most of the day at Knotts Soak Waterpark. No one in my family had ever been to a real water park, so I was so excited to take them. We spent the day splashing in the wave pool, lazying about in the lazy river, slip sliding down waterslides and soaking up the rays! Actually I think that Otto absorbed most of the rays because he is looking a little . . . ummm. . . well done! Dustin and Anne didn't really want to go on any slides, and Lee was too young to do them so we took turns doing fun slides and swimming and we ended up all having a really fun time. (I even got some sun tanning in while Lee was sleeping.
After we went to the waterpark, we took the kids to this really great outlet mall right outside of Mexico. Well we were there for about 10 minutes and already the kids were fighting constantly, and Otto and I were both cranky, and it was a little depressing to walk around a mall and realize that you can't really buy anything, so we left there pretty quick.
After the bust at the outlet mall, we decided to go and take the harbor cruise that we missed taking on Saturday. It was nice because we were the last cruise of the day and so there weren't very many people on the ship and it was indoors so the kids got to play a bit while Otto enjoyed looking at all of the aircraft carriers and the kiddies looked at the helicopters (Dustin LOVED those) and the sea lions.
Otto also really wanted to go to Carl's Jr, and I haven't been there before so we took the kiddies there for dinner. All I can say is that I KNOW why the obesity rate in the U.S. is going up!! I ordered a hamburger and it was almost as big as my entire head!! I couldn't believe it! It was fun to be able to do some things that Otto was really interested in doing, and I am glad that we took the time to do it.
Now we ended off our day by coming back to the hotel and going swimming. Again, I had told the girlies about how I used to love going on vacation with my family when I was a little girl because we got to stay at hotels with swimming pools and it was so cool to be able to swim at night because there would be a big light in the swimming pool and it was so neat! Well, the girlies were so impressed with swimming at the hotel at nighttime (the pool is heated!!!) and they loved that they were swimming and staring at the moon. *sigh* I kind of wish that I could move them somewhere warmer so that they can do some of these things that I used to do when I was a kid.
Well, I do have to say that spending an entire day around water has made me a little bit redish, but I am not very burned, just a bit on my shoulders. I am, however, looking forward to tomorrow because we are going to go to the San Diego Zoo and then to Balboa park which is covered in gardens and museums. I am looking forward to not spending some time in my bathing suit. . . why you ask??? Well, let's just say that I feel sorry for the people who have to look at me in my bathing suit so soon after having a baby. I don't mean to punish them, but I have no other choice. I will not let my kiddies miss out on alot of fun just because I don't look that flattering in a swimsuit. I love them enough to endure a day of self-consciousness so that we can make some wonderful memories together!
Until tomorrow my friends!

4 comments:

Jamie said...

Sounds like you guys are having so much fun!

Michelle said...

You're making me nostalgic for San Diego! I wish I could go.

I love Balboa Park! Be sure to check out the botanical gardens there. They have these herb plants in there that smell like chocolate mint (and some other things too, but I can't remember). I always thought it was kind of cool.

The Mom said...

ah - who cares what you look like in a swimsuit - life is for enjoying :) Glad you're having a great time!!!

Ashley Dawn said...

Wow, I'm so jealous. We went to San Diego about 3 years ago and look back on it SO fondly. Live it up, that's awesome. I'm sure you look great in a swim suit. I just can't imagine you looking bad...I do, however, understand feeling self-conscious right after having a baby....I think I've been there before?!?