Friday, July 18, 2008

I think I got sand in . . . my. . . crevaces!

Today was our full day of family reunion fun! We actually did have a really fun day and we pretty much spent the entire day on the beach playing with our cousins. Because we have Lee, I didn't get to swim much, but I had a lot of fun playing in the sand with Dustin, suntanning with my sisters, splashing in the water with Caroline, body surfing with Abby and with Anne I had fun. . . ummmm. . . watching her play with our cousin Tiffany. Anne thinks that there is nothing more fun than playing with friends, so she had a blast spending the entire day with Tiffany.
It was really fun to watch my little Abby in the water because she is so much like I was as a child. She is like a fish!! Her and Otto borrowed my Uncle Darren's boogie boards and boogie boarded for awhile. They also body surfed for a long time. But I would have to say that the coolest thing that happened today was that Abby caught some live clams. It was so cool to watch the clams try to move around in the bucket. I have never seen clams move before and I really enjoyed it.
After a day on the beach, we all got together for a family BBQ complete with chicken and ribs! It was soooooo yummy! The beach gets a little chilly in the evening, so we were all wearing sweaters, but it was still fun watching the kiddies play Frisbee, and visiting with my cousins and my sisters.
Each family grouping was given the task of coming up with a song sung to the tune of a specific Disney song. Our Disney song was called "Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious". I ended up making up the song and it was really fun. . . it went a little bit like this:
We are super and fantastic but we are obnoxious,
Others say the sound of us just simply makes them nauseous,
But we know that secretly you all want to be like us,
Yes we are named Lee and we really are obnoxious,

um be little be um be lie (2 times)

When I was growing up you see there's a secret that I had,
My friends thought I was witty but my teacher called me bad
When my friends would sit down on my whoopee cushion pad
Even though they hadn't farted we all said they had.

Chorus,

um be little be um be lie (2 times)

Now we are all here spending time with family
Mike is spending money, Murray's golfing from a tee
Gary's dancing like an Irishman, Darren bikes off speedily
Aren't you glad you spent this time with our cool family?

Chorus (Gary does his jig)

So it was a pretty fun day, and my kids and I are now quite tanned. We are going to Sea World tomorrow for our last day and then it's off to the airport early in the morning on Sunday to go home. We will be home before we know it!

1 comments:

The Mom said...

Cute song - you are very clever (and witty too!) Sounds like you are having a GREAT time!!! Can't wait to see pictures from your adventures! Have fun at Sea World!! Watch out for the soak zone - they REALLY mean it!!!