Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Slipping Through my Fingers

I always have a hard time on the first day of school. I know that I should be counting down to the first day of school all summer long, but to me it is a really bittersweet day. I am always a whole mess of emotions on the first day of school. I am excited for the girls to go and see all of their many friends. I am excited to have a bit of a break from having 5 crazies around here all day long. I am excited for the girlies to start learning new things and progress in their studies. But, it always hits me that my time with them is so short. I sometimes feel as though they are slipping through my fingers. They are growing up. My Abby is in grade 3 and Anne is in grade 2 and Caroline is in kindergarten. Where did the time go??? Have I spent enough time with them? Am I teaching them the things that I SHOULD be teaching them? Am I savoring this time that I have with them???
Arrrrggggg the first day of school is so frustrating!! I hate having all of these feelings!!! After school, I am going to pick up the kiddies and drown all of my frustrations in a nice big Peanut Buster Parfait!! Because . . . .Hey! Everybody loves a parfait!!

4 comments:

Michelle said...

I do love a parfait. And I'm starting school again tonight, maybe I'll have to reward myself with one.

Lahni said...

Are you quoting Shrek?
I was a little emotional myself when I drove my little one to kindergarten today. I just can't believe how fast the time has gone by!

Jamie said...

I totally know the feeling, and I only have ONE, going to PRESCHOOL!

Anonymous said...

when mom was in edmonton after mine and kristins first day of school she took us to DQ too.... good to know that some traditions will last forever!!!
-Jenna