Tuesday, September 30, 2008

He'll Huff and He'll Puff . . .

but I doubt that he will have enough air to blow anyone's house down. Lee has not been breathing well for the past couple of days. It got worse yesterday, so I finally broke down and took him to the hospital. We were lucky and were the only people in the waiting room and we got in without too much waiting. Once admitted, Lee ended up being pumped full of meds designed to help him breathe better. He was also given a dose of steroids to help his lungs. However, last night and this morning he has continued to have a hard time again.
It is always hard on me when one of my children are sick. I always wish that I could just take it away from them and that they could be healthy all of the time. But I know that once they get through it it only makes them stronger. I did have fun playing with Lee in the hospital all day yesterday, and it was really fun to watch him start to say "Mom" and shake his rattles for the first time!
Anyways, this one isn't very long, or very deep, but it is just an update for all of my family who are reading this.

4 comments:

Suzanne Lee said...

Oh no that is so sad, poor guy has been through enough already. Did he actually say "mom"??!?!?! I hope he is all better soon.

Jamie said...

Oh - sad! Hope he's feeling better soon!

Ashley Dawn said...

Oh gee, I hear you with the sick kids thing. I've been there all week....sigh. Motherhood, eh? Good luck with it and I hope he comes around soon.

Mandy said...

We'll keep him in our prayers. I hope he gets better quickly. Did they check him for RSV?