Friday, May 23, 2008

Eye Spy with my Little Eye. . . .

Well, it's official. . . .Lee can see!!! YAY!!! That was GOOD news! He had an eye appointment this morning and they did a very thorough eye exam and it turns out that Lee has perfect vision. I was so relieved that it took me awhile to understand what the doctor was trying to tell me. So here's the dropping of the other shoe. Lee is behind in his development. They say that this could be because his birth and the first few weeks were so traumatic and that he will eventually catch up. OR it could be neurological. He is too young for them to want to do an MRI because they would have to put him under with a general anisthetic and there could be some complications with that that they don't want to risk if they don't have to. So, I have another eye appointment for Lee in two months from now to see if he catches up developmentally. I am praying that he does, but if it turns out that Lee does have something wrong in his brain, I will do whatever it takes to help him.
Isn't that what mothers are for? I feel like I am a warrior for my children sometimes and right now I feel as though I am getting ready to fight in a battle for my son. I have never been the smartest soldier, or the quickest, but I always fight my hardest. . . and. . . well . . . I am pretty stubborn. This may help my little guy or it may not, but it's the only thing I know how to do. I love my little baby. I have already lost one and I don't plan on losing another one!! I know that whatever happens Lee and I will face it together and we will work our hardest to make his life as wonderful and fulfilling as possible!!
Oh, and on another note. . . . my sister Jenna just got a job at an inflateable house rental place and now my kids think that she is probably the coolest person who ever walked the face of the earth. . .. the only thing that would make her cooler is if she actually turned into Hannah Montana . . . well or Thomas the Tank Engine!

2 comments:

Emily Busath Murdock said...

I'm so glad to hear that little Lee's eyesight is good! What a relief for you, huh! We'll keep you guys in our thoughts and prayers that his development will catch up...
We love you and miss you!

The Mom said...

Sooo happy that Lee can see! And- you are a great mom and I'm sure he will catch up developmentally - he did hae a little bit of a rough start :)

Sending lots of love and prayers to your cute little guy!!!