Sunday, May 18, 2008

Reflections

Today is Sunday. Okay, so that is obvious. But it always seems to me that on Sundays I take the time to sit and reflect on the past week. Right now my neighbors are outside and are probably wondering why we are all at home and not working on the fence. (This EXTREMELY STABLE fence has been a great trial in my life for the past two days!!) In any case, I am not outside helping build the fence, rather I am enjoying a few peaceful minutes all by myself.
Today in church I sang a song by Sally DeFord called Gethsemane. It has beautiful words and the melody is a little bit haunting, which I love. I chose to sing this song because it talks all about the Atonement. Over these past couple of years, I have really come to start to understand just what the Atonement of Jesus Christ really is. I never really knew all that it encompassed, and I feel more and more humbled at the thought if it each time I learn something new.
I have had an interesting week starting with Lee's eye appointment to see if there is anything wrong with his vision, followed by a great day of piano lessons where almost all of my students actually practised, then onto my Activity Days where I taught 20 8 - 11 year old girls how to be the coolest babysitters ever and make babysitting kits, Thursday was my angelversary and I have already written about it, Friday was the beginning of the yard, and yesterday was Anne's birthday and the fence saga.
This week has been full of ups and downs and busy moments and sad moments and wonderful moments, and all of this has made me reflect on my blessings. I LOVE birthdays because it makes me remember the day that my children were born and how much I love and appreciate them. I love my parents and siblings and all of the love and support they give me. I love my grandparents who come to my ward just to hear me sing. I love my wonderful husband and the constant support and love that he gives to me. I love my little girls and my two little men who are growing up way too fast in my opinion. I love my extended family and how much they care about me. I love the religion and the beliefs that I have. I love that I live in a free country where I can write and read whatever I want to. I love my good friends who go out with me for manicures and pedicures. I love my old friends who I don't always get to see but when I do get to we have a blast!! I love music and the peace that it brings into my life. I don't know where I would be if I didn't have music as such a big part of my life.
Isn't it amazing how we can have such ups and downs but the things that mean the most to us are always there?
Just some reflections.

1 comments:

The Mom said...

Great reflections! I want a manicure and pedicure, you lucky girl!!! I'm excited to come up and see you!

Love you tons!

p.s. I tagged you - can't wait to see what you come up with!