Saturday, May 10, 2008

Opposite

Okay, so I knew that I probably needed to write something today and so I decided to go to the trusted journal starters again and this very interesting question was the question of the day:
Who is your complete opposite and what is that person like?
Honestly, the person that I thought of was Otto. We are very different people; for instance look at the difference between the answers to the following questions that I found on a dating site (I am really asking Otto these questions without him seeing my answers):
1 - What is your favorite color?
M - brown
O -blue

2 - What is your favorite hobby?
M- singing or playing the piano
O - playing video games

3 - What is your favorite food?
M - it changes all the time
O - roast beef

4 - Best job?
M - chef at a golf course
O - garbage man

5 - Favorite movie star?
M - Harrison Ford
O - Jason Statham

6 - Best way to relax
M - bath, chocolate and a magazine
O - playing video games

7 - Favorite thing to spend money on?
M - my kids
O - Megan

8 - Favorite toppings on a pizza?
M - tomato and feta cheese
O -- everything

9 - Bath or shower?
M - BATH
O - Shower

10 - Favorite Movie?
M - Cool Runnings
O - the Transporter

Okay, so not all of them are quite opposite, but most of them are. It has always been interesting to me that Otto are so completely different and our backgrounds are so completely different, and yet we are very compatable and we work quite well together. I think that that is because when it comes to the BIG things, like how we want to raise our kids, our future goals, our religious beliefs etc, we are almost always on the same page. And I think that another reason we get along so well is because we have accepted the things that make us so different from each other and we try and use them to make our family better.
I love my big guy. . . even if he is almost the complete opposite of me!

0 comments: