Friday, May 2, 2008

In Love

Yep, I'm in love. It's true. I am in love with several people actually. It's okay with me if my husband finds out because he is definately one of the people that I am in love with. It's amazing to me that we have been together for 10 years and we are both so happy and we are still in love after having 5 babies and our little angel. It's amazing to me how much I rely on him and how much he does for our family. My siblings seem to think that he is a saint for being able to be married to me, and maybe he is, but I sure do love him.
I am also in love with a beautiful 8 year old girl. As it is getting closer to my own birthday, I have been reflecting on the day when she first came into the world. I was so excited and anxious to have her, and she has blessed my life in so many ways. I love how much she is like me and how well we get along. I love her love for children and her willingness to help out all of the time. I love how she wants to share every little detail of her life with me and I love how she can get along with boys as well as girls.
I love another little girl who is also about to have a birthday. I love how this little girl is so very much a girl and yet is an engineer at the same time. I love how she can be playing barbies or littlest pet shop one minute and then timing herself doing math problems the next minute. I love how beautiful she is on the inside as well as on the outside. I love how she will just come up to me and give me a hug, or tell me that she loves me. I truly love this little princess.
Believe it or not, I am also in love with a monkey. Not just any monkey, but one with blonde hair, blue eyes and is an exact replica of her father. I love how her speech isn't quite perfect, even though I know it is a struggle for her. I LOVE how cheeky she is and how she always tries to get people to laugh. I love how she can play with her sisters, but she is also best friends with her little brother. I love how she tries to be just like me. I love that she loves to cook and that we made Strawberry Shortcake yesterday together and she was sooooo excited!!
Besides Otto, I have two other little men in my life that I am also in love with. The older one is Trouble with a capital T!! I love his beautiful eyes, and his sparkling personality. SOMETIMES I love how he is constantly in motion and how he needs to discover everything about life. I love how he always holds the door open for his mama. I love how much he misses me when I am gone. I love how he is so particular about things. I love how much he loves to count everything and is starting to want to learn letters. I love the fact that I know that he will be smarter than me by the time that he is 5 years old. I just can't help it.
The other little man that I am in love with doesn't really do much right now except squeak. I love that about him. I also love to just sit and cuddle with my little squeaky. I love his crooked smile. I love that he is such a fighter. I love the fact that his hair is so blonde that it looks as though he has no eyelashes, eyebrows or hair! I love how he just lays there completely still when I am talking to him, as though he is absorbing everything I say. I love how wonderful he is and how helpless he is right now.
Last, but definately not least, I am in love with a little girl that I haven't ever really gotten to meet. I love the fact that I am the only one that got to spend time with her while I was pregnant. I love the fact that she has brought Otto and I closer together. I love the fact that she has brought the whole family closer together. I love that I will get to raise her one day. I love to think about my other baby, even though sometimes it hurts so much that I can't stand it. I love to think that she is Lee's little guardian angel and that she has been with him through all of his trials as a baby. I love to see a Robin outside and think that it is my little Robin saying "Hello". I love her even though I only got to see her tiny broken little body. I can't even explain how much I love her.
It is amazing to me that I can be so in love with so many people. It makes me feel blessed that I can have all of these amazing people in my life. I have been having a few tough days because the one year anniversary of the stillborn birth of Robin in coming up on the 15th and it has made me think about her alot. Even though she was born still, she has been a huge blessing in my life and in the life of my family. It is amazing how much love you can feel for the little souls that you bring into the world. I am very humbled and blessed to have them all be a part of my life.

0 comments: