Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Funniest Piano Lesson EVER!!

So as most of you know, I teach piano. I have 8 students that I teach on Tuesdays. It is nice to be able to basically only work one day a week and have enough money for my kids to be able to participate in their own lessons. However, sometimes I dread Tuesdays because out of my students I only have 3 girls, and 2 kids over the age of 10. It can make for some very long Tuesdays. I really do LOVE teaching piano though, because not only is it amazing to see the progress at the end of the year that the children have made, sometimes it can be alot of fun listening to them talk about their lives.
This week, in particular, was a HILARIOUS piano lesson. This little boy is Anne's age and his mom usually attends piano lessons with him. Yesterday, however, she didn't. So the two of us are sitting there and I am trying to convince him to play his song when all of a sudden his finger shoots up into his nose. I try to convince him to take it out, but he informs me that there is something in there that he wants to get out. So, I go over and get him a kleenex for him to use because he keeps on shoving his finger up his nose and then putting his hands on the keyboard of the piano. This is totally making me disgusted, so I start pleading with him to use the kleenex. Finally he relents when I tell him that maybe I should tell his mom about what he was doing because I know that she wouldn't like it. He makes a promise that if I don't tell his mom what he was doing that he would use the kleenex. Sounded reasonable to me. . . . until. . . .he decided to hold the kleenex in one hand and pick with the other hand. Who knew he could be so creative?? Well, I told him that that didn't count and so I was going to have to tell his mom, and so he said that he would stop.
So I got him to play his song for me, and while I was writing down what he needed to work on for his song, that finger found its way back into his nostril. I told him that he had broken his promise again and that I would have to tell his mom. He then said that he wouldn't break his promise again, and I asked him how I could be sure. That was when he informed me that it wouldn't be an issue because he had just retrieved the bothersome boogey that he had been digging around for. That was when I noticed that he was trying to find a place to put it. So, I told him that he could go and throw it away. Well, needless to say the boogey never made it to the garbage can. . . .
So then we are almost done our lesson when I hear the loudest fart I have ever heard come from a child. I turned and looked at him and he is just grinning!!! After I am able to compose myself and not laugh out loud, I told him that he should probably say "excuse me". He asked me if I was going to tell his mom if he didn't say it, and so I answered that I would. So he said excuse me. And then let out another fart. I asked him if he needed to use the bathroom and he said no, and he asked if he needed to say excuse me again. I informed him that he did.
Alright, I hope that you guys have found this story as funny as I did when it was happening. It did make me think though. . . . I wonder what my children think that they can get away with when I am not around. I KNOW for a fact that this little boy wouldn't have gone around digging for gold in his nostrils if his mom was there. . . .but it sure did make for one hilarious piano lesson.

3 comments:

Jamie said...

Ewwwwwww - been there! But not all in one lesson!

Mandy said...

That is totally gross, but funny at the same time. Kids are so uninhibited.

Anonymous said...

That little boy is HILARIOUS!!!